It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board

• Can anyone advise me please...a worried 32 year old

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-08-2005, 02:58 PM   #1
    emaline
    (female)

emaline HB User
    Exclamation Can anyone advise me please...a worried 32 year old

I did not receive any replies to my last posting ..it may of seemed as if i did not really need any help but really i would appreciate any help and advice as i am truely worried.

I have had 3 abnormal smears, following which i had a colposcopy . A biopsy was taken during this procedure as they saw an abnormality over one of the glands in my cervix. The biopsy came back showing abnormalities stage 1-2. I have to wait until september for them to do another biopsy....(as this may give enough time for my cells to 'mend ' themselves!) i am due for a scan in august which also seems so far away.

Over the past few months i have had constant pain, spotting, bleeding and also fatigue and going to the toilet alot more...I have always had normal periodsd in the past up to the last 2 years

What is going on with my body I am so scared...I am 32 and i have no children .....but i hope i will still have the ability to have them if i so choose in the future

Please help a worried 32 year old...thankyou

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2005, 04:03 PM   #2
    tpagm
    (female)

tpagm HB User
    Re: Can anyone advise me please...a worried 32 year old

hello-
    sounds like you have mild dsyplasia and the doctor is having you wait to have any other procedures because your body will sometimes heal on its own. However, come your next check up if it doesn't heal then the doctor will probably have you go in for a leep or another procedure depending on the outcome. Do not be scared at this point. It takes a long time before it turns into cancer. Just make sure you go to all of your appointments. You may be worrying yourself and that is why you are having those side effects. Dsyplasia should not cause any of the side effects you are speaking of. Dsyplasia is only detected when you get a pap smear/colposcopy and not by side effects from what I understand. I am going through this myself. I actually already had a leep and just went in for my first re-pap yesterday.

Good luck and just try and calm your nerves.....You will do just fine : )

Old 07-12-2005, 09:11 AM   #3
    shera4
    (female)

shera4 HB User

Emaline-
    I just had my second colposcopy yesterday. I've had mild dysplasia on and off for a couple of years. The cells on your cervix are constantly turning over, so that is why your cells might mend themselves and revert to normal. But on the flip side, the bad cells might also multiply which is why you need to keep getting checkups. Dysplasia does not mean cancer. If you ignore it, then you might have worse problems.
    Its hard to sit and wait for your next appointment or for test results. Trust me, I've been in the same boat and I've yelled at appointment schedulers for not understanding why a 5 week wait for an appointment is unacceptable!! What you can do is start taking extra good care of yourself. Be healthy. Yesterday, I asked my doctor what can I do instead of doing nothing but worrying inbetween appointments. My doctor said that all I can do is start boosting my immune system by taking a vitamin/mineral/herb complex. She recommended one complex in particular but I bought the Wellness formula by Source Naturals, with my doctors approval. It had the same ingredients - lots of vitamins, herbs, etc. I would get your doctors blessing before you do anything or at least inform them of what you are doing. You don't want to start something that might make things worse or cause other problems. You can overdose on certain vitamins.
    I'm not sure about the spotting and pain and fatigue. I have also had urology problems this year and I'm constantly wondering if the problems are connected but I'm being told they are completely separate issues. I often think that some of my separate health problems are from the stress of wondering what's wrong with me. Stress is a bad thing and can make you more sick. If you are in pain, I would get back to the doctor though. You shouldn't wait til September. Take charge of your health and ask questions.

Old 07-12-2005, 08:14 PM   #4
    wmkcolors
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

wmkcolors HB Userwmkcolors HB User

Due to your level of anxiety and pain, with just cause, I would go back to your gyno. and have a candid discussion about your concerns and confusion. Make a list of questions before you go. This is all new to you and often, it's after first finding out about the dysplasia and going back home, that you start to know what to ask. You leave the doctor's office feeling very confused. You might also ask for a vaginal ultrasound, to detect any abnormalites, in your uterus, since you are in pain. It's alot for your doctor to ask you to wait that long, without any further guidance or encouragement, on his or her part.

Closed Thread