It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board

• Post LEEP Complications

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-06-2005, 01:42 PM   #1
    kscb30
    (female)

kscb30 HB User
    Post LEEP Complications

Has anyone experienced a dark brown thin discharge after their LEEP procedure - mine was 6 days ago and I am still using a pantiliner and seeing this discolored discharge. Is this normal?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2005, 06:05 PM   #2
    SLJ16
    (female)

SLJ16 HB User
    Re: Post LEEP Complications

yes this is normal. i had my LEEP done 10 days ago and i'm still experiencing light brown discharge as well and of course using a panty liner! i can't wait for it to go away.

Old 08-07-2005, 07:10 PM   #3
    kscb30
    (female)

kscb30 HB User

I am freaking out waiting for my results from the LEEP
    Did you get yours yet? If so what were they? This is such a horrible thing to have to deal with and not knowing for sure whether it will come back or not makes it even more horrible
    Good luck if you didn't get your results yet!

Old 08-10-2005, 05:40 AM   #4
    tpagm
    (female)

tpagm HB User

It is very normal to have the brown discharge. It is the solution they put in that stops any bleeding. I had my leep done in March. Please don't worry yourself too much since this is curable. Just follow up with all of your doctors appointments. My leep results came back that the speciman was burnt and they couldn't read the results bascially. I just had my first follow up pap after the LEEP and it came back abnormal ACUS. She said it did not come back CIN or dsyplasia and now I have to wait for my next pap in OCT. I feel as though I am starting all over again.
    GOOD LUCK!!!

Old 08-10-2005, 06:13 AM   #5
    SLJ16
    (female)

SLJ16 HB User

I got my results from my LEEP yesterday. The pathology report basically said that I have low grade, mild dysplasia. no news to me. He got it all and i am due for my 3 month Pap in November. so we are hoping that this time around it comes back normal.

and i still have discharge so dont worry. its normal.

Old 08-10-2005, 09:53 AM   #6
    kscb30
    (female)

kscb30 HB User

I got my results as well - all the cells they removed were CIN 1 and they got it all - so strange because the polyp they removed on biospy was CIN III but nothing else was CIN III - I am just pleased all margins came back clear and I am good to go now - until the next pap then the worrying starts all over - thanks for your support!

Old 08-15-2005, 08:05 AM   #7
    ttravers
    (female)

ttravers HB User

Yes...very normal. I am going on my 4th surgery next week. I have pretty much been in pantyliners for about a year now. As soon as I heal from one...I'll be out of pads for a couple of days...only to have surgery again and be stuck in those stupid things again for 3 months. So just relax...it is very normal.

Closed Thread