It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board

• Pre-Cancerous cell growth-Help I'm scared!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-14-2005, 03:54 PM   #1
    skewlgirl2002
    (female)

skewlgirl2002 HB User
    Pre-Cancerous cell growth-Help I'm scared!!!

Hi everyone, I am fairly new to this, but I have posted here before. I recently did the colposcopy and received my results as precancerous cell growth in stage 2 which is moderate. I had my colpo done at a "free" clinic since I have no health insurance and cannot afford anything better. After I received my results, I was crushed. I am only 24 years old and have not had children yet. My doctor put it to me this way "I hate to rain on your parade, but...." I love how they tell you bad news. Well anyway, since I had to take the "free" clinic route and cannot afford out of pocket expenses, I am now waiting for a piece of paper to come to me in the mail to tell me where and what hospital I am being transferred to, to do the LEEP procedure. After I left the clinic I called back and got my doctors nurse and she told me it could take up to 2 months to receive this letter and get the procedure!!!!!! I am freaking out here, if my cells go into stage 3, "severe" it will turn into cancer and then what, a hysterectomy??? At 24??? I am so scared. I just want to get it done and get it over with. On top of all this, I just started a new job and do not want to be seen as a liability on the company. My health benefits donít kick in until December and even after that if i need coverage, I will have to start all over again pretending I did not know anything about it to be covered. Companies will not cover pre-existing circumstances. It really sucks waking up everyday and thinking about cancer. I'm embarrassed and scared to talk to family about it and when I do they do not know what to say. I am 1500 miles away from all my best friends, so it is really cool to know that I can come here for support and information. Any advice is appreciated!!! Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2005, 06:02 PM   #2
    lobo1977

lobo1977 HB User
    Re: Pre-Cancerous cell growth-Help I'm scared!!!

Even if it progressed a bit until you had the leep it would be almost impossible to go from a 2 to 3 in that short of a time. And, having stage 3 does not mean it will go to cancer in fact I just had stage 3 for 6-8 months while I switched doctors and found the right procedure -- and now im clear/normal. Stage 3 and even stage 1 cancer can very easily (not all the time, but in many many cases) be fullly removed with a leep/laser/cone. I dont know who told you stage 3 means cancer is definite but that is incorrect. I know free clinics suck sometimes, but try to do your own reasearch online a bit to get the details, and just ignore their attitudes, get the referral and move on, ive been there and its the only way you can deal with those places

I would just keep on them weekly to get you your referral, get an appointment asap (dont let them just schedule you months down the line) call up daily for cancellation times if necessary. Leeps are not ridiculously expensive like other procedures are, and many doctors take payment plans.

Closed Thread