It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board

• Pregnant with mild dysplasia need help PLZ!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-02-2006, 11:12 PM   #1
    happygolucky26
    (female)

happygolucky26 HB User
    Pregnant with mild dysplasia need help PLZ!!

Hello everyone i was wondering if anyone can help me out or give me some advice. I just found out i am about 5 1/2 weeks pregnant and i have mild cervical dysplasia.. I am soooooo scared of what could happen, has anyone been through this type of situation??? i just need to calm my nerves. i am seeing a TINY bit of blood nothing bright when i wipe sometimes ,can it be from my cervix being aggervated(sp) already and now closing because of being pregnant?? any advice or insight will help. I cant see my obgyn for atleast another week or so untill my insurance is activated. TY all so much for your help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2006, 06:36 AM   #2
    cincbcat
    (female)

cincbcat HB User
    Re: Pregnant with mild dysplasia need help PLZ!!

I am in the same boat, I am 13 weeks pregnant and my last pap was ASCUS and low grade dysplasia. I have been going through this for the last two years, so I am not as freaked as you are, I'm hoping I can ease your mind a bit. Mild dysplasia isn't extremely serious, your Dr. will just want to monitor you with repeat pap smears every 4-6 months generally. My Dr. will not do any aggressive treatment for mild dysplasia, except the ocassional biopsy if there is a history of moderate to severe. There are several things that you can do to help yourself as well. Take vitamins, eat right and exercise. If you smoke, that will only hurt things as well. If your immune system is working at its peak, your body will fight the virus that causes dysplasia more effectively. There is tons of info on the web about this, I encourage you to take the time and read, read, read. There are also a number of books on it. Hope this helps a bit!

Old 05-03-2006, 06:39 AM   #3
    lovethoscurls
    Veteran
    (female)

lovethoscurls HB User

I can't tell you anything about the bleeding but I can tell you this; With mild dysplasia most generally they will just watch it closely even during pregnancy. Most of the time mild dysplasia will heal itself. Also even if it would progress cervical cancer is the slowest moving cancer there is, and dysplasia can take YEARS to develop into cancer even if it doesn't heal itself. My mom found out she had cervical cancer in her 2nd month when she was pregnant with my sister, she decided to go ahead with the pregnancy had my sister and then had to have a hysterectomy. Like I said though she was already at the cancer stage, and went through her entire pregnancy without problems due to the cancer. With you only having Mild dysplasia I would imagine your pregnancy will be fine and the will watch you closely and decided on treated after you have your baby.

Congratulations and Good Luck!

Old 06-11-2006, 12:18 PM   #4
    mina61
    (female)

mina61 HB User

I would not be too worried. I had the same situation and I always had normal Pap smears. Dr would perform a colposcopy and it would come out fine - it was cervicitis which is an inflammation. Plus I was tested for HPV which was negative. For about 3 pap smears I was getting this result then finally I got a clean one! The last 3 have been normal. Try not to woryy. Eat right and take your vitamins especially antioxidants and folic acid.

Old 06-11-2006, 06:03 PM   #5
    ilovesporty
    (female)

ilovesporty HB User

My SIL is about 14-15 weeks pg and also just found out she has mild CIN (dysplasia). Her gyn told her not to worry and they would deal with it after the baby was born. Mild CIN usually goes away on its own - even without being pg - so many gyns just chose to watch you closely and repap in a few months.

Good luck!

Old 06-12-2006, 09:04 AM   #6
    Mamasita_of_3
    (female)

Mamasita_of_3 HB User

I found out I had bad case of dysplasia right before I found out I was prego. I had a bio done on a Thursday and found out I was prego the following Tuesday. My dr said it would be best to have the baby and deal with afterwards. She is now 3 months and now I will be having my LEEP done. You souldnt have any problems. I wish you the best.

David Anthony 4/16/98
    Skye Lyn 5/13/01
    Faith Lyn 3/20/06

Old 06-12-2006, 01:20 PM   #7
    LeLee02
    (female)

LeLee02 HB User

I wish you the best of luck. I'm not pregnant, but I have mild cervical dysplasia. My doctor chose the watch and wait method. I have to go back for another colp. in October and if it's abnormal again, actions are going to be taken.

Just try to think positive about the situation. That's what i'm trying to do. My doctor said most people's immune system will heal the virus.

Closed Thread