It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board

• ovarian/cervical cancer and lower stomach pain?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-27-2006, 02:09 PM   #1
    sickandsad83
    (female)

sickandsad83 HB User
    ovarian/cervical cancer and lower stomach pain?

I've been having this very bad pain in my stomach for months. It feels like someone stab me with a knife and is twisting it in my stomach! This pain is aweful, i cannot move an inch when it happens, it feels like im giving birth!I've been thinking it's some sort of stomach problem but all the things i've researched dont make sense with my symptoms. All the stomach disorders say that the pain is up high or on the persons right or left side but my pain is bellow my belly button. The pain is about an inch below my below button to about 4 inches down and 4 inches to each side. The two doctors i've talked to so far think that the spot where my pain is, is weird and they dont understand it. They say there's nothing in your stomach in the area where i have the pain. So my question is could this be ovarian or cervical cancer???Where do people get pain in their stomach when they have cervical or ovarian cancer, like what area??? I'm just worried because i have heard that one of the reason people dont know they have ovarian cancer until it's in it's late stages is because people confuse it with other things like stomach problems. All 3 of my grandmas sisters died of ovarian cancer in their early to middle twenties so im worried. Im 23 years old

Last edited by sickandsad83; 06-27-2006 at 02:10 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to sickandsad83:
    MAKUWA (11-27-2010)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2006, 01:32 PM   #2
    rhuck
    (female)

rhuck HB User
    Re: ovarian/cervical cancer and lower stomach pain?

If you are having blood in the urine or pain upon urination, it could be a UTI. But what you are describing sounds more like an ovarian cyst or even a uterine fibroid/cyst. Is there any chance you might be pregnant? That could cause the type of pain you are having if you are miscarrying or if the tendons and ligaments supporting the uterus are starting to relax. Go to your GYN and ask about an ultrasound to detect a baby or cysts/fibroids. As far as uterine cancer or ovarian cancer goes, I do not know the symptoms so its best to see your doc!

Old 06-30-2006, 03:02 AM   #3
    Sarah1976
    (female)

Sarah1976 HB User
    Re: ovarian/cervical cancer and lower stomach pain?

I have had Cervical Cancer and my Dr said it is known as the "Silent Cancer"

You have no symptoms etc and dont feel anything - I had it for at least 6 months before it was diagnosed and even after it was diagnosed and I was waiting for my Op still didnt feel a thing.

This is why it is SO important to have regualr Pap's as its the only way it is detected.

Closed Thread