It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board

• Atypical Glandular Cells

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-08-2007, 06:09 PM   #1
    REDZIE407
    (female)

REDZIE407 HB User
    Atypical Glandular Cells

Hi,
    I Am New And Desperate For Anyone Who Has Been Diagnosed With "a-typical Gladular Cells" I Has An Abnormal Pap, Followed By A D&c And A Cone Biopsy Just A Few Days Ago. Dr Said It Will Be Three Weeks Till I Get Any Results. I Am Driving Myself Crazy Reading The Internet For Hours A Day On These Types Of Cells, As Well As Glandular Cancer, Ect. I Am So Depressed, I Have Myself Convinced I Am Going To Die. Sounds As If These Types Of Cells Are Extremly Rare And Often Indicate Moderate To Severe Tumors In The Uterus Or Other Parts Of The Body. Please, Anyone With Info, Help! God Bless...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2007, 11:41 AM   #2
    evie06
    (female)

evie06 HB User
    Re: A Typical Glandular Cells

Hi! I also have severe dysplasia with glandular involvement. My margins weren't clear so I am having a hysterectomy Feb. 22nd. My doctor said they will biopsy evereything after the surgery and if the cells have spread then we would talk further. I have been freaking out about this too so don't feel alone. I have been reading up on all the information I can and feel that this was caught early enough to not be full blown cancer. My last normal pap was just 1 1/2 yrs ago so it hasn't been that long and they say it takes years for it to develp into cancer. I hope you get good news. BYE

Old 01-12-2007, 04:07 PM   #3
    REDZIE407
    (female)

REDZIE407 HB User

Thanks So Muhc For Writing Back. I Guess We Both Read All There Is To Read, I Spent Hours And Days Looking Up A Typical Glandular Cells. I Am Mad There Is Not More For Me To Read. What Do You Mean By "margins"? I Dont Get My Results Until Jan 24th. I Read That These Types Of Glandular Cells Are Extremly Rare. Were You Told The Same? I Will Keep You In My Prayers.

Old 01-15-2007, 07:16 AM   #4
    evie06
    (female)

evie06 HB User
    Re: Atypical Glandular Cells

It means they went beyond what was needed for the biopsy to see if the cells were farther up in my cervix. If the margins are clear then they got all of the dysplasia. Hope this helps!

Old 02-21-2007, 05:51 AM   #5
    kd2007
    (female)

kd2007 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by evie06 View Post
    Hi! I also have severe dysplasia with glandular involvement. My margins weren't clear so I am having a hysterectomy Feb. 22nd. My doctor said they will biopsy evereything after the surgery and if the cells have spread then we would talk further. I have been freaking out about this too so don't feel alone. I have been reading up on all the information I can and feel that this was caught early enough to not be full blown cancer. My last normal pap was just 1 1/2 yrs ago so it hasn't been that long and they say it takes years for it to develp into cancer. I hope you get good news. BYE
    Hi
    Just read your note about A typical Glandular cells. I had a pap come back with A typical Glandular cells FR had a colp done in Oct results were good/ no dysplasia or hpv. chronic cervicitis with metaplasia not sure what I think about that... Im sch to have another pap done on the 28th If that comes back bad Dr wants to talk about a cone biopsy I said no way. Any suggestions?? I hope all goes well with your surg . Take care

Closed Thread