It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board

• Lsil - colposcopy

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-22-2007, 10:42 AM   #1
    alliehoo
    (female)

alliehoo HB User
    Lsil - colposcopy

Hi ladies,

I got my LSIL pap results back in early december and am scheduled for a colposcopy next week. Apparently they didn't even want to take me and told my doctor to tell me to go back and see him in 6 months. He explained that we were trying to get pregnant and I'm a worrier. I also had the same thing 2 years ago, with a normal pap in between. My question is, since we've been trying to get pregnant and been unsuccessful thus far, we have been seeing an RE as of recently. I was just diagnosed with Ureaplamsa and read up on it and found out it kinders fertility b/c it causes inflammation of the uterine lining (and probably cervix too). Can you recieve and LSIL reading from inflammation by any chance?
    TIA ALLIE

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2007, 02:46 PM   #2
    karen32
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

karen32 HB User
    Re: Lsil - colposcopy

Yes, I would think so. LSIL is very early cell changes and I would think this could be misinterpreted. Usually an HSIL pap is re-read by a pathologist for verification, but I do not believe LSIL is. Good that you can get the colposcopy and get confirmation. Hope this helps.

Closed Thread