It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board

• having symptoms & very worried...plz help!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-05-2007, 04:02 PM   #1
    blondie87
    (female)

blondie87 HB User
    having symptoms & very worried...plz help!

I am only 20 years old.... and I know that is very young to have ovarian cancer... but I have recently found out that I have a cyst on my ovaries & have endometriosis.  Since the first doctor would not do any of the tests to see if i even had a cyst or endometriosis when I asked him to, I have been doing research on my own to learn more about my symptoms I have.  I have had irregular periods for about a year and a half now and no form of birth control has worked.  It started with 2 periods a month, then just one that lasted about 12 days and was heavy, then skipped for a couple months and in the past 3 weeks I have had spotting pretty much everyday.  i have abdominal cramping/pain/discomfort/bloating, frequent urination, changes in bowel movements, gas, a feeling of pelvic pain/pressure (during & not during intercourse), and abnormal bleeding/discharge.  After the first ultrasound & blood test my new doctor said that he was not too concerned with the cyst & endometriosis.  However, since I told him about all of the problems/symptoms I have been having he insisted on another ultrasound.... so i was just wondering how concerned i should be??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-05-2007, 05:00 PM   #2
    ebbyann
    (female)

ebbyann HB User
    Re: having symptoms & very worried...plz help!

How awful for you. I completely understand how you feel. You are right to be concerned. I would ask to see a gynaecologist if you haven't already. Any continually abnormal bleeding should in my opinion be checked out. Take it from me....I know from experience. Good luck

Old 02-05-2007, 05:43 PM   #3
    blondie87
    (female)

blondie87 HB User

Hey! Thanks for your reply... I have another appointment this Thursday & he's going to do a second ultrasound. I'm just confused bc I asked the nurse on the phone the reason for the second ultrasound and she just said she wasn't sure. And I had just seen him the week before & he said he wasnt concerned. So i wonder if my symptoms i mentioned later made him concerned for something other than the cyst and endometriosis??

Old 02-08-2007, 12:07 PM   #4
    fairydust7
    (female)

fairydust7 HB User

I'm really sorry your going through this. I have no advice other than to keep pushing the doctors until they find out exactly what is causing all these problems if it isn't the endo or the cysts.

Old 02-08-2007, 01:17 PM   #5
    Suzi Q
    (female)

Suzi Q HB User

well, you are right that 20 is pretty young to have ovarian cancer but I was only 22 when they found my Ovarian cancer. I didn't have ANY side effects/symptoms. Your symptoms sound like some caused by ovarian cancer but they could be caused by lots of other things too. So there is no point in worrying yourself sick until you know something for sure from the doctor. If you are worried have your doctor take some of your blood and test your CA-125 levels. High levels often point towards Ovarian cancer.

Good luck with your ultrasound!!

Closed Thread