It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board

• Tenderness During Bi-Manual Exam

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-29-2007, 06:35 PM   #1
    ncyky
    (female)

ncyky HB User
    Tenderness During Bi-Manual Exam

Ladies,

Have any of you ever experience tenderness when your GYN stuck their finger in you and presses on your abdomen during your pelvic exam . Well during the last year or so, I had to visit to the GYN because I spot 3 more days right after my period ends and it was quite painful during examination. It's like I have a period for 10 days. My GYN thought that I might have some pelvic inflammation and gave me a prescription. Well it hasn't worked and I taken it on 2 different occassions. So she now wants to give me a D&C. Long story short, I had to have a leep done just 2 1/2 years ago because right after I had my daughter, during my 6 week check up my pap smear came back abnormal due to dysplagia...stage 3. Ever since then I have had pap smears every 6 months and all is fine there, but now she thinks that something could be going on in my uterus. I already have a small fibriod which was seen during pregnancy and during a pelvic ultrasound done just last year. I don't spot any other time except right after my period should be ending..it stays for another 3 days. (spotting only) and the color is dark red..sometimes almost brown and with a mild odor. Does anyone have any idea what is going on here???

P.S I had a tubal ligation during my C-section almost 3 years ago. Wonder if this could have anything to do with it. Never had this problem until after I had my daughter. Actually all of the problems seem to start during my pregnancy.

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2007, 05:51 PM   #2
    marielle1984
    (female)

marielle1984 HB User
    Re: Tenderness During Bi-Manual Exam

The fibroids may have something to do with it... If your doctor cant seem to establish a cause, you should get a second opinion to get to the bottom of this...and be sure to have her go over why she believes a D&C is necessary, what the side effects may be, and why she believes that procedure is best over any possible alternatives. Do some online research so you can get a handle on what options are available and what questions to ask!

Last edited by moderator2; 06-30-2007 at 11:03 PM. Reason: posted commercial website

Closed Thread