It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board

• Pineapples and healing-interesting!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-12-2007, 09:32 PM   #1
    k2626
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

k2626 HB User
    Pineapples and healing-interesting!

I just read (saw on TV and then researched) that Pineapples are great for healing wounds. Apparently it has Bromelain in it which is a natural anti-inflammatory that has many health benefits and encourages healing.

So to those ladies that just had a LEEP-go get some fresh pineapple! I think zinc is good for healing wounds too?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-12-2007, 11:23 PM   #2
    kittycatjj
    (female)

kittycatjj HB User
    Re: Pineapples and healing-interesting!

Hi K

Pineapples cause more bleeding for me. As such I avoid pineapples a few days before, during and at least 2 days after my period. There were times when my period kind of started all over again when I ate pineapples, i.e., the flow was heavier for another couple of days.

I love pineapples, especially those from Sarawak ... Yummy!

Old 07-13-2007, 11:05 AM   #3
    k2626
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

k2626 HB User

Geez, good thing you knew this in advance and didnt go for the pineapple to additionally help you heal!

Interesting on how much food has an effect on our bodies!

Old 07-14-2007, 08:52 AM   #4
    FromSqueaky
    Inactive
    (female)

FromSqueaky HB User

I took Bromelain when I had breast surgery in 1994 to remove a cyst. It worked great. I healed up in no time. Bromelain cuts healing time, pain and other inflammatory responses in half. My chiropractor told me about. Leaves less of a scar.

Since it's an enzymes capable of digesting protein people use it to help digest food better too. Or it's use for sinusitis. There are a few things it helps like sprains, angina, asthma, l ow back pain, and arthritis.

At the same time it can cause heavier periods that are called menorrhagia . It is not to be used by people who take anticoagulants or anything that thins blood like regular Bayer aspirin

Last edited by FromSqueaky; 07-14-2007 at 08:56 AM.

Closed Thread