It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board

• I'm scared i have ovarian cancer

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-21-2007, 04:48 AM   #1
    lisab42
    (female)

lisab42 HB User
    Unhappy I'm scared i have ovarian cancer

I'm really scared that i have ovarian cancer but can't face going to the dr's. I have been suffering from really severe adominal pains, I have bad bloating, back pain, leg pain and pain in my coccyx. I went to see a gyn about 2 months ago about a bladder matter. I had an internal, initially they said I had a possible prolapse womb then said not. I do feel a heavy feeling in my pelvis and told her all the symptoms above but they didn't seem phased.

I looked up symptoms on net and found ovarian cancer.

I don't want to face it.

Did anyone have the symptoms above and how long for.

Lisa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-21-2007, 05:19 PM   #2
    Suzi Q
    (female)

Suzi Q HB User
    Re: I'm scared i have ovarian cancer

I have ovarian cancer and I didn't have any symptoms before I was diagnosed with stage 3c ovarian cancer. Every situation is different and as with any cancer, but especially ovarian, the sooner you find out the better. So if you are worried go see you doctor. It is always better safe than sorry.

Good luck

Old 07-22-2007, 06:15 AM   #3
    lisab42
    (female)

lisab42 HB User

Thank you for your advice. I'm sorry to hear your news. How did you get diagnoised if you had no symptoms.

I think i'll go to dr's first thing in the morning.

I hope all goes well for you.

Old 07-22-2007, 07:33 AM   #4
    Shshi
    Inactive
    (female)

Shshi HB UserShshi HB User

Hi Lisa,

It's never good to try to diagnose yourself. That can only lead to worry, which in most cases is unfounded. There are many other things besides cancer which could be causing your symptoms like IBS, ovarian cysts, fibroids, etc.

Definitely make an appointment to see your doctor, just to be on the safe side and to help set your mind at ease. And in the meantime, as another lady on another board who does have ovarian cancer always says, "Don't waste a good panic!"

Good luck and lots of hugs,

Lisa

Old 07-22-2007, 01:14 PM   #5
    Suzi Q
    (female)

Suzi Q HB User

Lisa -
    I was pregnant at the time and had a softball sized growth that was thought to be a fibroid. After my daughter was born I had surgery to remove the "fibroid" and found out it was cancer.

Hopefully your doctor will be able to quickly diagnose you and get you feeling better.

Old 08-02-2007, 08:41 PM   #6
    monkey5
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

monkey5 HB User

Lisa i can relate, i'm also at the scared stage as i have been dealing with back problems ect for about two years for at least two to three month i have been having nausea, vomiting feelings, fullness ect. almost all the symtoms of ovarian cancer and with a recent MRI for my back they accidently found losts of cysts on both my ovaries and i had a hysterectomy about four years ago for precancer cells. At least two cysts are have the size of the ovary itself. So i am being referred to another gynacoligist(spelling) So i'm here for you!
    Love, Monkey

Old 08-09-2007, 05:07 PM   #7
    simplykatie
    (female)

simplykatie HB User

Hi Lisa-For the past 12 months I've been having bloating, nausea, lack of appetite with weight loss, a dull ache on my right side, bladder urgency, and gi trouble. I too didn't want to go to the doctor. Like someone said earlier your symptoms could be a huge number of things other than cancer. I'd stay away from the internet and instead make an appt with your doctor. I am in the final round of tests and yes, they have found something. I'm now awaiting to meet with my doctor to get the results. The big red flag for me was when I lost my appetite because I get full too easily and then began losing weight. I wish I would have gone to the doctor sooner. I wish you freedom from worry-

Old 09-05-2007, 12:39 PM   #8
    lisab42
    (female)

lisab42 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by simplykatie View Post
    Hi Lisa-For the past 12 months I've been having bloating, nausea, lack of appetite with weight loss, a dull ache on my right side, bladder urgency, and gi trouble. I too didn't want to go to the doctor. Like someone said earlier your symptoms could be a huge number of things other than cancer. I'd stay away from the internet and instead make an appt with your doctor. I am in the final round of tests and yes, they have found something. I'm now awaiting to meet with my doctor to get the results. The big red flag for me was when I lost my appetite because I get full too easily and then began losing weight. I wish I would have gone to the doctor sooner. I wish you freedom from worry-

Old 09-05-2007, 01:08 PM   #9
    mom2nik2002
    (female)

mom2nik2002 HB User

Hi Lisa! I don't have any real advice for you as I haven't dealt with OVCA but I am sending you postive vibes that everything is okay. I echo other poster's sentiments that you should go to the doctor to get everything checked. Even if it's not OVCA, whatever it is should be dealt with since the symptoms are causing you discomfort.

My one piece of advice is to listen to your body. If you know something is not right and doctors are "dismissing" you, please seek additional opinions. I had severe menstrual pain for years and my doctor insinuated it was all in my head--never did anything. I had a 2nd opinion and an u/s, laparoscopy were performed. I was diagnosed with endometriosis and adenomyosis--both very painful menstrual conditions. After the birth of my daughter (my last child), I had a Mirena IUD put in that has been shown to benefit those with endo/adeno pain. For the first time in many, many years, I am PAIN FREE! It's been wonderful and I believe it was my persistence that I WASN'T crazy that led to a proper diagnosis of my problem!

GL! Let us know what you find out! I sincerely wish you the best!

~Elle
    LEEP cone June 2005. Dx severe dysplasia (HGSIL). ASCUS pap May 2007.
    Emma Leigh 12/26/06

Old 09-06-2007, 03:22 AM   #10
    ContessaDeb
    (female)

ContessaDeb HB User

I have had bad ovarian cysts for past 3 years....internal sonogram every year...sometimes cysts went down. I am 50 years old.

My left cyst is larger again and I have adhesions from it. My gyn tells me it's not cancer and we've been waiting for the cysts to re-absorb themselves back into system as cysts sometimes do.

Due to other health issues I had CT scan 8/4/07 and it picked up the left ovary as "suspicious" - gyn tells me a CT scan would do that and that it's a "psuedo-tumor." Yes the cysts have always been uncomfortable.
    I've been seeing this gyno for about 13 years and she removed my fibroids and then a few years later my uterus (not laproscopically - the old fashioned way with 6" incision).

My last gyno office visit was on 6/9 & she did an internal sonogram and compared it to my previous years sonograms and my CA 125 was negative - this is the first time she ran a CA 125 on me. She ordered the test and told me not to worry & to get the test "whenever." I went out & got it the next week.

In July my gallbladder was diagnosed as bad & it was removed on 8/16. I was very sick with this: nauseaous, no appetite, green bile in my bowel movement. I have had diarrhea since 7/21 and now even after the gall bladder surgery. In July I sent my gyno a copy of the CT scan and she called me to tell me that the cyst isn't ovarian cancer, the cyst is adhesed to bowel wall, and that it only shows up on CT scan as "suspicious" but it's a psuedo-tumor only because of the adhesion (sorry if I am repeating myself)

My gyno wants to see me in October for another internal sonogram. I'd like to see her sooner.....and additionally I am still plagued with the diarrhea. I have a new (saw 2 other gastros and had to drop them for various reasons) gastro appt on Monday and will need a colonoscopy to determine if diarrhea is from removal of gall bladder or something else....

Yesterday I went to Primary care internist and she questioned the CT scan - she didn't say I should get another opinion...but now I have the doubts again and and I am now upset that "what if my gyno is wrong and it is cancer?"

I guess my question is: would a new doctor who doesn't have the past sonograms have a hard time diagnosing my cysts as benign without opening me up?

Has anyone ever have ovarian cysts behave this way?

Old 09-20-2007, 06:26 AM   #11
    lisab42
    (female)

lisab42 HB User

Hi

How did you get on with your results, hope all is well

Old 09-20-2007, 10:10 AM   #12
    monkey5
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

monkey5 HB User

Lisa, did you get into the Dr.s? I have another ultrasound this week. I am thinking thier gonna try to get a better look at my cycts and possible and GI problems, not sure if they can see stuff like that? Hope all is well?
    Monkey

Old 09-28-2007, 09:42 AM   #13
    monkey5
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

monkey5 HB User

Lisa, i found out that i have a inch and half size cyst on my left ovary, and omg is it killing me today i think, i am having horrible stomach pain , sick like feeling, feeling it in my back, but not like back pain, like kidney pain, i am really wondering what this thing is doing inside my body. It's like it's unbearable to move ugh. I don't go back to the dr.s until next week to discuss the ultrasound, i am trying to hang in there but wonder what damage is going on in there. Take care.
    Love, Monkey

Old 10-03-2007, 12:22 PM   #14
    monkey5
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

monkey5 HB User

Hey gang, i was wondering if i as i stated have the hemoraging cysts, that is like poision released in your body right? And they will probably do surgery right away? Just trying to get an idea here as i have a big family to get in place!
    Love, Monkey

Old 10-03-2007, 12:26 PM   #15
    monkey5
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

monkey5 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Shashi View Post
    Hi Lisa,

It's never good to try to diagnose yourself. That can only lead to worry, which in most cases is unfounded. There are many other things besides cancer which could be causing your symptoms like IBS, ovarian cysts, fibroids, etc.

Definitely make an appointment to see your doctor, just to be on the safe side and to help set your mind at ease. And in the meantime, as another lady on another board who does have ovarian cancer always says, "Don't waste a good panic!"

Good luck and lots of hugs,

Lisa
    Lisa, you seems to be pretty knowledable about all this! Do you think these cyst could be causing me to have the bowel concerns? I have yet to be referred to the GI per Gyn, will find out more on Monday, wish me luck, i wasn't that concerned till i got my report and my sis in law was but now i am a mess.
    Love, Monkey

Closed Thread