It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board

• severe dyskaryosis after LOOP

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-02-2007, 04:39 PM   #1
    louloublue
    (female)

louloublue HB User
    severe dyskaryosis after LOOP

Hi folks

I'm one of the unlucky ones where I've had a LOOP done for CIN3+ (query invasive) and went for a check up smear four months later and the results are 'severe dyskaryosis' again...

I don't know if I can face going through what I did last time - the procedure took over an hour due to the severity of the abnormal cells (my consultant looked at my cervix, said he didn't think he could treat it via LOOP, but changed his mind and did it)...

What's baffling me is that when I went for my check up smear post loop, he said everything looked great...so how come I've got this result from my smear? The only thing I can think is from the biopsy results from LOOP it said the margins weren't clear and the cells were high up in the cervix...

My family are saying demand a hysterectomy, I don't want to opt for that as I may want children in the future (i have one)....

has anyone had this result and had another loop and gone on to be free from CIN?

I go in on thursday...please say a little prayer....

thanks for reading x

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2007, 04:47 PM   #2
    louloublue
    (female)

louloublue HB User
    Re: severe dyskaryosis after LOOP

forgot to add..

after my LOOP I was put on a double course of antibiotics as I got a urinary infection and infection in my cervix....

and I've heard that LOOP is painful so soon after having one...would be grateful to hear from anyone who has had 2 LOOPS within 6 months...

thanks for your time...

Old 10-03-2007, 05:48 AM   #3
    Stacey3568
    (female)

Stacey3568 HB User

I have just gone through the same thing as you and currently am recovering from a total hysterectomy on 9/7. I can tell you that after the surgery, my doctor informed me that it was a good thing I went ahead with the hysterectomy as the pre-cancer cells were found deep into my cervix. Thankfully, it was done before invasion occurred. Have you considered consulting with an oncologist??

Old 10-03-2007, 03:16 PM   #4
    louloublue
    (female)

louloublue HB User

Hi stacy..thanks for taking the time out to reply....

Being in the uk I'm not sure if you can 'pick and choose' who you can see....i.e if I'd be allowed to ask for a referral to an oncologist....I will ask when I go for my 2nd LEEP tomorrow....

Are you all clear now after your hysterectomy?

Old 10-04-2007, 02:44 PM   #5
    Stacey3568
    (female)

Stacey3568 HB User

I am 4 weeks post-op tomorrow. My doctor told me I will need to still have pap smears every 3 months for the first two years, even though my cervix was removed, because the cells can come back in the vaginal vault. He said if my paps are clear for two years, I will then just have to have them once a year. The recovery has not been easy; but I'd rather be dealing with this than cancer. I hope your leep went well today........I know it wasn't a pleasant experience for me!! Let me know how you made out.

Stacey

Old 10-04-2007, 04:07 PM   #6
    louloublue
    (female)

louloublue HB User

hi stacy....

It went really well thanks...tho a little more painful than the first..
    Apparently that's because of the 'scar tissue'...

but on the positive side the LOOP took 25 mins instead of an over an hour when I had the procedure the first time....I watched it all happening on the tv screen this time too..

I talked to the Cons before hand and he said he 'thought I would have had to come back due to biopsy result's from first LOOP'...which still baffles me as he said every thing looked great when I went for my follow up smear..then when he performed colposcopy and looked and sprayed the vinegar he turned to his med student and said it was 'up the canal' Anyway, I've had a couple of biopsies taken and should have results within 2 weeks...

I asked him what would happen if on my next follow up smear I still had the same cells present and he said 'well, there isn't much left of your cervix to takeaway via loop and asked me if I wanted anymore children....guess that means a hysterectomy?

oh fingers crossed you're all clear stacy...I think you'd be extremely unlucky not to be...xxx

Closed Thread