It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board

Bleeding after Leep

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-29-2008, 05:13 PM   #1
valleygirl74 HB User
Red face Bleeding after Leep

Can anyone help me?

I had Leep a month and half ago. I wasn't bleeding initially but about 2 weeks afterward I was bleeding like crazy. Very large clots (the size of my hand) and filling a pad in less than 10 minutes. I had to go to emerg and then back in the OR and they had to stitch me up. 2 weeks after that, the same thing only this time, my doc put some stuff on my cervix to stop the bleeding. Can anyone who has been through this shed some light on if they went thru the same thing and how did it stop? I am supposed to start my period in a couple of days and wish it wouldn't come because I've been bleeding for a month and a half and am tired of all this. Please someone out there tell me how this all stops for good and when they returned to a normal life?
Thank you,

Sponsors Lightbulb
Old 04-29-2008, 05:37 PM   #2
Pickle Eyes
Senior Veteran
Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
Re: Bleeding after Leep

I had a cone biopsy and had discharge for about 2 weeks, but it was more annoying than anything. I have started my period with a vingence, but it is a period, not post surgical discharge.

Are you taking it easy (not lifting heavy stuff, etc)?

Old 04-29-2008, 05:41 PM   #3
msremi HB User

Hi Valley Girl:

Sorry to hear you are experiencing this too. I hemorrhaged 36 hours after my LEEP. I had emergecny repair work where they packed my vagina with gauze for 12 hours. After this was removed, I laid on my back for 96 hours to make sure it would not happen again, and it did not. I think the pressure of the packing made all the difference. I hope it works for you!

Old 04-30-2008, 08:58 PM   #4
mgervais1974 HB User

I had my LEEP done two weeks ago today. I have been bleeding since then. I went into my OB/GYN today for my 2 week follow up and asked when I would stop bleeding. He took a look and said that I was real raw and that I had a piece of flesh hanging and that it was most likly caused by the pack of gauze falling out. He got it to somewhat stop but said that if the bleeding does not stop in two weeks to come back. So here we go for another two weeks. Yuk!

Closed Thread