It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board

• Scared about biopsy.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-25-2008, 11:09 AM   #1
    cme10ae
    (female)

cme10ae HB User
    Scared about biopsy.

I recently had a pap come back with the same result. Thursday I'm going in for a colposcopy and endometrial biopsy. I'm very scared about the biopsy as I've heard many horror stories about the pain involved. Not to mention the possible outcome if the results come back positive. When I think about it I swear I'm ready to hurl. Fortunately I'm just past my prime reproductive years and my family is complete. I can't imagine how that would complicate things.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2008, 11:34 AM   #2
    atypical
    (female)

atypical HB User
    Re: atypical glandular cells....now what?

the colposcopy and biopsy really didn't hurt all that much. it wasn't painful, i just felt a bit light headed afterward - if that's any consolation. although, i didn't have an endometrial biopsy done. just a cervical biopsy and ecc. best of luck!

i still have yet to get my results back. i'm going on holiday and won't find out until the first week of september. i am going to enjoy my vacation ... and hopefully come back to good news!

please keep me updated! best of luck to you (again) and don't be nervous. take it as it comes. it's all we can do ...

atypical.

Old 09-06-2008, 01:38 PM   #3
    atypical
    (female)

atypical HB User

i am getting my results on tuesday. i'm not really scared ... at this point i'm just really anxious to know what is happening/or not happening with my body!!?

i will keep you in my thoughts ... best of luck ...

atypical.

Old 09-07-2008, 01:28 PM   #4
    cme10ae
    (female)

cme10ae HB User

Friday I called to try and get my results. The nurse called back and said they were on the hospital computer but have not been "interpreted" by a doctor yet. She knew I was anxious with another weekend going by so she read what they said:
    endometrium - benign
    endocervix - benign
    cervix - insufficient tissue

So, they have found no source for the atypical cells. I don't know if they mean that's the end of it and I'm A-OK or if they want to do more stuff. My aunt died of ovarian cancer, my mom had breast cancer and my dad had prostrate cancer so I would like my ovaries and anything else checked if possible.

For the cervix - does insufficient tissue mean I need another colposcophy? Sigh. Not a pleasant experience. From what I saw on the tv and from what he said it didn't look 100% normal.

I'm really more worried about the atypical glandular cells though. Will have to wait to hear from the doc himself I guess.

Closed Thread