It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board

• Endometrial Biopsy After Cone Biopsy

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-27-2008, 12:25 PM   #1
    karasmama
    (female)

karasmama HB User
    Endometrial Biopsy After Cone Biopsy

Endometrial Biopsy After Cone Biopsy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-27-2008, 06:11 PM   #2
    Pickle Eyes
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
    Re: Endometrial Biopsy After Cone Biopsy

What about it?

I had one during my first cone biopsy. I think my doctor was checking my uterus to determine if I had adenocarcinoma (or something similar) there as well as in my cervix.

Old 10-29-2008, 11:05 AM   #3
    karasmama
    (female)

karasmama HB User

I had my cone biopsy done in May of 2007, and have had irregular bleeding and pelvic pain on and off ever since. This is becoming a huge problem in my life, as I am a single mother to a 2 & 1/2 year old. The Dr has done every test imaginable. I was very suprised on my last visit to OB/GYN, beacuse it was just a follow up to the irregular blleding. She had told me due to the fact that 30% of my cervix had been removed during the cone biopsy, that the scar tissue on my cervix would be too difficult to navigate into, and would need to be dilated for this type of biopsy. I was under the impression that I would have to be put under general anesthesia because of the pain. I had a pelvic exam during that follow up visit last Friday, and in the middle of it , the Dr announced she was going to do the endometrial biopsy right then. I had no pain medication in me, nor was I given the option to take any before this procedure. I was not given an local anesthetic, and the procedure was more painful to me than giving birth to my child. I was actually screaming and trembling during and after, and I am not a baby when it comes to pain. I was then put on Provera and a pain med after the fact. Almost a week later, and I am still cramping and bleeding heavily. Does this sound like a normal standard way of the biopsy or am I just overreacting?

Old 10-29-2008, 06:55 PM   #4
    Pickle Eyes
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User

Since you had your procedure in-office, I have no idea if your reaction is typical or not. I'm sorry I can't help with that.

Old 10-30-2008, 09:17 PM   #5
    Bean2008
    (female)

Bean2008 HB User

Karasmama,

I'm really, truly, sorry that you went through that. It sounds terrible, and I don't think you are overreacting at all.

It amazes me that a doc would do such a painful procedure with no advance warning, no consultation, no prep for the pain, nothing? I sincerely hope that this is not the standard way of doing this type of biopsy. If the patient is given no choice on the procedure or on any means of pain relief, and is screaming in pain from the procedure, then in my mind that's not good medical practice. In fact, it seems cruel.

Old 03-28-2009, 04:09 PM   #6
    Boicell
    (female)

Boicell HB User

I just joined this site b/c I had such a painful experience myself with an endometrial biopsy yesterday. I realize your post was almost six months ago, but I thought if you were still out there, I could ask you how long you were in pain. The procedure was very traumatic for me as I was NOT expecting that amount of pain...and my doctor just wanted to do it really "quick". The paperwork she gave me said that I could go about my regular business...but I'm having a difficult time believing that people can really do that! I just keep wrapping my arms around my lower belly and moaning. I left my original post under "womens health" a few minutes ago. Just in case you get a chance to read it. Thank you.

Old 03-28-2009, 07:23 PM   #7
    zoe96
    Veteran
    (female)

zoe96 HB User

Hi there -- I just read your other post, and now I think I understand it better. I wasn't sure what you were referring to with an endo biopsy.

I had an endometrial biopsy in May 2008, and found the procedure very uncomfortable. I remember being miserable for a day or two, and then all was forgotten. I'm going to post another reply on your other post!

Closed Thread