It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board

• Lletz procedure no results just appt with gyn!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-22-2008, 04:55 AM   #1
    looby81
    (female)

looby81 HB User
    Lletz procedure no results just appt with gyn!!

Hi Im hoping someone can put my mind at rest , but to be honest I would rather recieve an honest answer.

I had a Lletz procedure 4 weeks ago and was told that I would recieve my results in approx 3 weeks. I received a letter today from the hospital asking me to go to an appointment with the GYN that carried out the Lletz but with no indication why I have been called back.

Its typical that this letter has arrived on a Saturday so I have no way of finding out any other info and its making me really worry and Im getting very upset about it all.

Please can someone help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-22-2008, 08:51 AM   #2
    Pickle Eyes
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
    Re: Lletz procedure no results just appt with gyn!!

Hi Looby,

I usually get calls from my doctor's office late Friday and can't call them back until Monday. It is very frustrating.

I'm not sure why it took so long for the results to come back, but that could be one of the differences between the US medical system and that in the UK.

I have no idea why you went to the doctor for the LLETZ (also called a LEEP) in the first place, but I would think if something was horribly wrong they would have contacted you sooner.

Even if, worse case scenario, you need more procedures, they can't do them for 6+ weeks because the cervix needs time to heal. So even if you knew a "bad" result, you'd still have to be waiting.

Now, hopefully, the results are in and they are just going to go over the results in detail. Hopefully, they got all of the lesion(s) and they got good margins. Then they will probably tell you to come back in a few more weeks (or months) for a recheck (on healing and to see if there are any more lesions).

I didn't have a LEEP/LLETZ, but I've read a lot of women here who have. I had a cold knife cone biopsy.

I wish you well, and write back.

Closed Thread