It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board

• Leep for Cin 1 and HPV natural treatment

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-15-2008, 01:34 PM   #1
    ivana27
    (female)

ivana27 HB User
    Lightbulb Leep for Cin 1 and HPV natural treatment

Hi,
    I just had leep for Cin 1, LSIL. It was a decision I made together with my doctor, although he didn't encourage me since LSIL has high chances of going away alone.
    Well, I didn't want to wait since I had persistent LSIL for over year.
    For everybody out there worrying, Leep is not that bad. My doctor told me to cough everytime he did the injection with the anesthesia, that made a huge difference, no pain! He does the same for small biopsies and I never had a problem.
    Now hopefully the result will come back great. I plan to follow up on a treatment I started and I am surprised nobody mentioned on this board: Coriolus Versicolor (it's a mushroom, has antiviral properties and boosts the immune system). Doctors had a study group in Portugal that showed high percentage of healing and disappearance of HPV. Look it up on the internet, I am not allowed to post links.
    It gave me hope, because even after Leep HPV is still there...
    Ivana

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-16-2008, 07:09 AM   #2
    jennifer434
    (female)

jennifer434 HB User
    Re: Leep for Cin 1 and HPV natural treatment

I am taking supplements that increase my body's natural immune system in the hope of getting rid of hpv...or at least it's symptoms. Most doctors here in Italy recommend taking them if hpv is found.

Old 12-16-2008, 07:54 AM   #3
    ivana27
    (female)

ivana27 HB User

I know there are a lot of supplements that you can take to boost the immune system, but this one was actually studied specifically for HPV and there is clinical evidence it helps...
    Not to mention that is widely used for cancer patients.
    I just hope more people would look into it and give it a try, maybe we find a miraculous cure for this annoyance.
    Ivana

Old 12-16-2008, 08:09 AM   #4
    ivana27
    (female)

ivana27 HB User

Jennifer,
    were you also given Fitostimuline after LEEP?
    My doctor gave it to me and I see they were made in Italy.
    Ivana

Old 12-16-2008, 02:09 PM   #5
    BE 123
    (female)

BE 123 HB User

Ivana, were you retested after LEEP to confirm you are still HPV+? Or did LEEP fail to eliminate the CIN 1?

I've heard of that mushroom, and read the study from Portugal. The study size was extremely small and the results were not that great. Still, if you can find a quality supplement, I don't think it will hurt. Perhaps it's more widely used elsewhere; the US is less friendly towards osteopathic/naturopathic methods.

Thanks.

Old 12-16-2008, 06:31 PM   #6
    ivana27
    (female)

ivana27 HB User

Negative cervical cytology in 91% of the cases compared to 50% of the patients of the "control group"

After 1 (90%) in the Coriolus group had reverted to HPV- status while only (8.5%) in the control group

I wouldn't call this "results not that great", although the study group was small indeed (39 patients).

Remember that LEEP doesn't cure HPV, just gets rid of abnormal cells which can come back since the virus causing them is still there.

So, no, I wasn't retested for HPV because it would be useless, I know I still have it. I am just waiting for the results of the biopsy to confirm the margins are clear.

Oh, and I bought the supplement in the US.

Old 12-16-2008, 11:37 PM   #7
    jennifer434
    (female)

jennifer434 HB User

Ivana no I wasn't given that. I was given vaginal tablet things to use for 3 weeks after. I can't remember the name (I can find out if you want) I think they were just basically to help with the healing and had no antibiotic properties.

Old 12-17-2008, 05:21 AM   #8
    BE 123
    (female)

BE 123 HB User

Ivana, I apologize if you think I was trying to challenge or discourage you. Probably no one is more likely than I am to go naturopathic before allopathic, within reason. In fact, I tried naturopathic first, myself. Most women who have tried the naturopathic route have posted good to excellent success stories. Usually you don't know if the body was going to heal itself, or if the supplements did it, but as long as the supplements do no harm, who cares? My concern is that since supplements are not regulated in the US (don't know about elsewhere), there can be contaminants in the fillers or in the manufacturing process, or other problems.

Of course it is up to your body to "clear HPV" (whatever that means), but usually treatments give it the "push" it needs. There is one study that suggests complete eradication of the HPV genome can occur, though I agree with you: makes more sense to err on the side of caution and assume it is in you forever so you will take care of yourself. Out of curiosity, where do you live, US or Europe? I hope your margins are clear. And of course it makes the most sense for you to try this at your low grade dysplasia.

Jennifer, I am impressed that your doctor gave you healing tablets post-LEEP. What is in them? Ivana, this is what I mean when I say US docs aren't into that, or at least the ones I've seen in the southeast who are in my insurance network aren't. I saw 4 gyns and 1 gyn-onc for my situation, and all of them poo-pooed this sort of thing (and especially naturopathic healing). I had to travel to a DO in NY for my naturopathic treatment, which was very frustrating and expensive. It didn't work so now I pray my recent surgery worked. But because I do believe in good quality supplements, I will probably return to naturopathic healing at the 2 month mark to complement my surgery.

I will post back why I wasn't really impressed with the coriolus study, I think it had to do with not separating low risk from high risk which imo is a big deal because they are two very different beasts in the genital tract, but my memory could be mistaken. Anyway, Ivana, usually for the "immune boosting mushrooms" I hear of reishi before coriolus or both together. Have you tried that?

Good luck to both of you! And thanks for sharing information.

Last edited by BE 123; 12-17-2008 at 05:27 AM.

Old 12-17-2008, 06:03 AM   #9
    ivana27
    (female)

ivana27 HB User

Success Parameters The efficacy of Coriolus supplementation in LSIL and HSIL patients was evaluated in terms of the evolution of HPV tipification from High Risk HPV+ to High Risk HPV- status as well as the persistence of cervical lesions as measured bycolposcopy and cytology

It is high risk they are talking about. Anyway, I wasn't there and I know they have to look more into it. But it will take time, it was the same with green tea, it looked like just some supplement and now they have Veregen (I'm not sure this is the exact name), a cream for HPV based on that and FDA approved.

I do not believe in naturopathic treatments only, hence my decision to have the LEEP done for CIN 1. I don't think anybody should count on treatments that are not 100 % verified.

Jennifer, what is the name of you tablets? Fitostimuline are also internal ovules to speed up healing.

Brieaukirsch I wasn't trying to challenge or convince anybody either...I was just sharing information and I felt I have to add excerpts from the study, or else other women will read this and just discharge it when it might actually help.

Well, good luck to us all!
    Ivana

Old 12-17-2008, 07:34 AM   #10
    jennifer434
    (female)

jennifer434 HB User

Just remembered the name! They are called Finderm Forte (strong) Basically just used to help the healing along, I could buy them over the counter so nothing very special about them I don't think.

The supplements I'm taking are called Immunomix, no idea how to translate the properties sorry! take them for 20 days and then stop for 20 days and then restart. I have no idea if they are working or not but they can't be doing any harm so i'll keep taking them and hoping!

Closed Thread