It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board

yellow discharge after colposcopy+biopsies

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-28-2008, 08:25 PM   #1
beergoogle
(female)

beergoogle HB User
yellow discharge after colposcopy+biopsies

Last monday I had a colposcopy and biopsies and like a day later I started getting the really yucky tissue balls and coffee grain discharge, so I went to the local surgery and the doctor said it was an infection and prescribed me a week's worth of antibiotics. The tissue balls etc stopped less than 48 hours later but since then I've been getting this yellow-white discharge which appears to be another infection, and more breakthrough bleeding. I'm really worried because the yellow discharge is a sign of another infection and if the antiobiotics aren't getting rid of it then what can i do? The problem is during my mid teens I was on antiobitics for several years without a break due to severe acne (no-one not even the doctors warned me of the dangers) and I'm frightened that my body is now resistant to antibiotics?

thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-29-2008, 09:03 AM   #2
Pickle Eyes
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
Re: yellow discharge after colposcopy+biopsies

I would get back to see your doctor immediately! The initial discharge sounds like the typical discharge women get when the doctor uses Monsel's solution. It goes on looking like spicy mustard, it comes out looking like coffee grounds. The yellow/white discharge is another issue. I'd call the doctor immediately.

Good luck!

Old 12-31-2008, 09:46 AM   #3
beergoogle
(female)

beergoogle HB User

Hi Pickle Eyes, thanks for answering my questions. Well I went back to the doctor and he couldn't give me a definitive indication of what could be causing the discharge, although he said it could be a hormonal imbalance of estrogen and progesterone or possibly a form of vaginitis or even candida caused by the recent antibiotics, but he said to hold off on any further tests until after I receive my colposcopy results. He prescribed me some topical solution to apply internally. So I'm just gonna have to wait it out for about a week.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Old 12-31-2008, 10:08 AM   #4
precious49
(female)

precious49 HB User

Hi beergoogle,
If you're having a hard time with the antibiotic's and now it is the candida which I'm dealing with right now also--I suggest to you what my pharmacist told me to get for it--Probiotic Dietary Supplements--I just started them and it's helping me already. I have thrush and vaginitis from taking presciption drugs and it's bad but getting better. I pray that it will help you too! It's the good bacteria that antibiotics kill while they are killing the bad ones. I pray that you get better soon. precious49
God Bless You and Yours Today and EveryDay

Closed Thread