It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board

Going on day 15 of my period, and pelvic pain for 2+ months

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-03-2009, 04:22 PM   #1
Mommy2Baz
(female)

Mommy2Baz HB User
Going on day 15 of my period, and pelvic pain for 2+ months

Hi everyone...I think I posted back in November/December about pain I had that I believed was from an ovarian cyst. I had issues with cysts in college so was fairly certain when the pain started in November, that that was the cause.

Went to the ob/gyn who did a transvaginal ultrasound and told me that he didn't see a cyst, but he saw fluid in my abdomen, and showed the fluid to me on the screen. He said he believed that was fluid from a cyst that had ruptured. I was told to call the doctor back if the pain continued, which it has.

I have been off birth control for years, however even so my cycle has always been very regular. But, a few months ago my cycle began coming more and more frequently, and instead of a 28 day cycle it has been more like a 22 day cycle (so a week sooner each month). Well, the pain has not gone away, and now my most recent cycle, which started 1/19 is STILL HERE! I'm going on day 16 and there is no sign of it going away. This is highly unusual for me, and it is actually heavier than it normally is also.

So, I have another appointment scheduled with a new OB/GYN next Thursday, 2/10 for the pain, and now the continued bleeding. I am 30 y/o, mother to a 7 y/o and the daughter of a breast cancer survivor (with no other family members that I am aware of surviving breast or ovarian cancer).

I know I am high risk for breast cancer and possibly ovarian cancer, due to my mom (she was also pre-menopausal when dx'd with breast cancer). Neither she, nor I, have undergone gene testing, so I don't know if we carry the BRCA 1 or 2 gene.

My question is, for those who have had experience with ovarian cancer, has anyone had issues with an extra long cycle? 16 days, plus the pain, is driving me nuts!! I am going to bring up the CA-125 test with the new doc next week -- any other suggestions?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-03-2009, 07:09 PM   #2
Pickle Eyes
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
Re: Going on day 15 of my period, and pelvic pain for 2+ months

I don't have experience with ovarian cancer, but I will chime in that starting at about 42 my periods became more frequent and seemed to last longer (especially after the heavy days - the "dwindling down" doubled in length). I don't know why that was happening, but I thought it was the beginnings of menopause. It might have been my large uterine fibroid. I don't know.

I wish I could help more.

Old 02-03-2009, 07:21 PM   #3
Alix76
(female)

Alix76 HB User

Pickle.
You always astound me with your quick and insightful responses.
Never apologise for "not helping more". I'm sure I'm not the only one that appreciates just a hello from you.
xxx

Old 02-03-2009, 07:51 PM   #4
Pickle Eyes
Senior Veteran
(female)

Aw, Alix, thank you. I'm telling you though, I worry about poking my head into so many threads. I really try to rein myself in, but you see how effective THAT is!

Old 02-04-2009, 05:33 PM   #5
Mommy2Baz
(female)

Mommy2Baz HB User

Pickle, I agree! It doesn't matter whether you are an expert or not -- the fact that you reply at least makes someone feel as though there is someone who cares! The worst thing is to feel concerned about something, make a post, and then have no one reply

Day 17 and still counting -- and actually the flow has gotten heavier over the course of the last 17 days -- heavier than it normally is also. I did some reading on uterine fibroids and I know that pain and unusual bleeding is a symptom, so we'll see what the doc says next week!

I know I'll just be glad to not be bleeding anymore, ugh!

(and I hope that at age 30 (barely, lol) that I'm not entering menopause just yet)

Old 02-04-2009, 06:40 PM   #6
Pickle Eyes
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Baz View Post
Pickle, I agree! It doesn't matter whether you are an expert or not -- the fact that you reply at least makes someone feel as though there is someone who cares! The worst thing is to feel concerned about something, make a post, and then have no one reply
Thank you Mommy2baz. This makes me feel good. My memory of being diagnosed and feeling no one is there to understand is still raw and painful. I hate the thought of someone posting and getting no replies!

I suspect the period problems are something other than menopause - fibroids sound like a valid possibility. While it is possible, I don't think it is highly likely.

Let us know how you are doing!

Old 02-04-2009, 06:46 PM   #7
JessicainCanada
(female)

JessicainCanada HB User

Hi Mommy2Baz .......I like some of the fine ladies here have cervical issues rather than uterine issues but we share the same fears either way!. I agree that it is so very helpful just to hear that others have gone through the same type of reproductive retaliation lol....

I hope you find some time for you, try to relax (yes I know @ this point somewhat impossible), come here and vent a bit and know you are never alone through this ...

Jess~ *****Hugs****

Old 02-05-2009, 10:57 AM   #8
Mommy2Baz
(female)

Mommy2Baz HB User

Pickle - trust me, your reply is always welcome!

I (and my hubby!) am just counting down the days until Tuesday afternoon when I'll be seeing the doc, and hopefully getting some answers.

I'm thinking probably fibroids or something also, but being the child of a cancer survivor, the "C" word scares the be-geebies outta me!

Old 02-05-2009, 11:52 AM   #9
Mommy2Baz
(female)

Mommy2Baz HB User

Jess, thanks for your reply also And hugs back to you! I am trying to relax as much as possible - although with two younger kids, basketball practice, Karate practice, work and a husband who is bugging the tears out of me to go to the doctor - it's tough

Closed Thread