It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board

CIN1 on pap after clear margins on cone biopsy!

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-06-2009, 12:45 AM   #1
jennifer434
(female)

jennifer434 HB User
CIN1 on pap after clear margins on cone biopsy!

Has this happened to anyone? I picked up my results from the pap yesterday - HPV-HSIL (CIN1). This was done just a month after my cone biopsy which showed clear margins...How could it have come back so soon?? I'm so worried this is going to turn out to be another cin3. I've got a colposcopy booked for feb 12th, i just need some reassurance right now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2009, 06:51 PM   #2
Pickle Eyes
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
Re: CIN1 on pap after clear margins on cone biopsy!

It is possible that the cone didn't remove all of the lesions. I suggest that you ask your doctor about having an ECC (endocervical curettage) when he/she does the colpo. It is the only nonsurgical way to sample the tissue in the cervical canal.

Let us know how you are doing.

Old 02-06-2009, 08:01 PM   #3
simplynat
(female)

simplynat HB User

Hi there, I also wanted to add that having a pap so soon after a cervical surgery is very unusual. The cervix is still healing and many doctors will wait at least 6 months (sometimes as little as three months) before performing a follow up because the healing cells in the cervix will usually show up as 'abnormal' so soon after a surgery. It is very possible this was a false positive result since it was so close to your sugery and not dysplasia at all.
Also, I would ask for clarification. Pap results will usually come back as ASCUS, ASC-H, LSIL, HSIL, etc but CIN1 is usually a colpscopy result. CIN1 would coincide with a LSIL pap result and not a HSIL result.

Old 02-07-2009, 02:08 AM   #4
jennifer434
(female)

jennifer434 HB User

Thanks ladies. I read it wrong it is LSIL and not HSIL as i said previously...duh that was stupid of me. Still got me worried though I had thought it was pointless doing a pap so soon but my doctor assured me it was best so i was ready for an abnormal pap but not cin1. Anyway, colposcopy booked for thursday (with gyn/onc) so we'll see what he says..
thanks again for your help

Old 02-07-2009, 09:15 AM   #5
Pickle Eyes
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User

Jennifer, good luck with the colpo on Thursday! I'm with simplynat on this, I think maybe the results are from the tissue still healing. Let us know how you are doing.

Closed Thread