It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board

Symptoms?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-16-2009, 08:58 AM   #1
happyhorsemom
(female)

happyhorsemom HB User
Exclamation Symptoms?

Ok, so I started having some weird stuff right before I got pg with my Daughter in July, '08. Mainly irregular periods and some bleeding after intercourse. Got pg and went to the Dr for a pap and got my first abnomal smear ever...found out I have high risk HPV. Did a colp and found nothing to be concerned about...did a biopsy after daughters birth and it was still abonormal but was downgraded.

Flash forward to now. All of my periods since having DD have been very heavy and painful (not normal for me at all). I'm also having terrible ovulation pains which are starting to affect my life a bit. Add in constant bloating, constipation, and pelvic pain ranging from crampy to sharp and painful. I'm tired all the time, no matter how much sleep I get, and sometimes intercourse is painful now. Some days are better than others. I went in for another pap and it came back LSIL, which was worse than before...and I'm scheduled for another biopsy tomorrow. Does anyone know if these symptoms could be caused by LSIL...or if it might indicate something more going on? I know that early symptoms are not normal...so that makes me worried. I am in a lot of pain, and each month it gets worse.

Thanks!
Theresa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2009, 09:37 AM   #2
Pickle Eyes
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
Re: Symptoms?

Hi Theresa, congratulations on your baby girl! and I'm sad to hear of all of your symptoms.

Am I correct in assuming you are having a colposcopy with pinch/punch biopsy tomorrow? If so, you might ask your doctor about performing an ECC at the same time. The pap and colpo view and sample the exocervix (the outer 1/3 of the cervix). The ECC is the only nonsurgical way to sample the cells higher up in the endocervical canal (cervical os) (the upper 2/3 of the cervix which is made up of different cells than the outer cervix).

If you haven't asked for a copy of your pathology reports (since the first abnormal pap), then I suggest you request them. They will give you a really good idea of what is going on. I take a written list of questions to the doctor's office - leaving room to write answers. I always forget my questions, so I take a list.

I don't know what is causing all of the bloating, discomfort etc. It could be many things. I've never been pregnant, so I don't know if any of those symptoms are normal for post-delivery.

I wish you luck tomorrow. Write back and let us know how the appointment goes.

Old 02-16-2009, 10:50 AM   #3
JessicainCanada
(female)

JessicainCanada HB User

Good luck with the clopo tommorow . I dont know if it makes you feel any better, but I also had post coital bleeding that scared me very badly!. Mine turned out to be from a very persistent bacterial infection that had inflamed my cervix that my family doctor had unsucessfully tried to treat. I know from personal experiance that having ANY type of cervical abnormality in conjunction with ANY of the symptoms you are having would scare me!. Heck I have sciatica which is bugging me as of late(horribly Sunday) and I keep thinking its terminal cancer ..............Pickle coined the term "cancer-head"....... I hope you can find some answers and support here...

****Hugs****
Jess

Old 02-16-2009, 11:05 AM   #4
Pickle Eyes
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicainCanada View Post
Pickle coined the term "cancer-head"....... I hope you can find some answers and support here...
Actually, I didn't coin the term. I think I just brought it to this site. I've read the term at other sites . . . but it is a very good, descriptive term, isn't it?!

Happyhorsemom, I hope our posts offer some reassurance for you!

Old 02-16-2009, 11:19 AM   #5
JessicainCanada
(female)

JessicainCanada HB User

Ahhhhh...well you coined it for me, and it explains so much. It helps for others to know that once a diagnosis is made that the accompanying symptoms that may or may not be related and that others feel the same way.

Sometimes just knowing others are going through stuff like this is helpful

Jess~

[QUOTE=Pickle Eyes;3887097]Actually, I didn't coin the term. I think I just brought it to this site. I've read the term at other sites . . . but it is a very good, descriptive term, isn't it?!
QUOTE]

Old 02-19-2009, 07:52 PM   #6
Drafly
Inactive
(female)

Drafly HB User

Have you been worked up for endometriosis? This tissue can respond to hormonal changes just like the lining of the uterus does and can produce the symptoms you are talking about.

Closed Thread