It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board

• OMG, Lletz booked in today and just had positive pregnancy test....please help!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-15-2009, 02:21 AM   #1
    Evie1978
    (female)

Evie1978 HB User
    OMG, Lletz booked in today and just had positive pregnancy test....please help!

Hi everyone,

As you can tell by my title I'm all over the place. I have a lletz booked in at 12pm today and I have just found out that I am pregnant. Not happy in the slightest, my partner just had snip last week in a bid for no more children.. I have rang my hospital but she says that they probably won't do the lletz but I'm terrified as I have CIN 3 and really need to have this done. I just don't know what to do, any advice would be gratefully received x x x x x

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-15-2009, 07:16 AM   #2
    Pickle Eyes
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
    Re: OMG, Lletz booked in today and just had positive pregnancy test....please help!

Oh goodness! I don't know what to tell you except you need to sit down with your doctor and discuss things. I strongly suggest you go into the appointment with a written list of questions and write the answers.

<looks at the time> That advice may be too late since you are Britain and I'm in Texas>

Let us know how you are doing!

Old 06-15-2009, 09:17 AM   #3
    Alix76
    (female)

Alix76 HB User
    Re: OMG, Lletz booked in today and just had positive pregnancy test....please help!

OMG!
    That's a bit of a shocker.
    How did you get on?
    Sorry I didn't see your post earlier so I could offer some help.
    Hope your appointment went well.
    xxx

Old 06-16-2009, 01:30 AM   #4
    Evie1978
    (female)

Evie1978 HB User

Hi,

Thanks for your replies.

I'm absolutely devastated to be pregnant. My partner had the snip last week as we decided a long time ago that we would not be having any more children. Our lives have gone in a totally different direction and we are taking over a business this year. There's no possible way that I can have another baby, not physically, emotionally or mentally. I have completely done my time with having children. The fact that I have high grade abnormal cells on my cervix is now just totally freaking me out. As I said yesterday, the hospital cancelled my lletz yesterday but said that I would be put back through as being urgent. How long does CIN 3 take to turn into cancer? I'm totally freaking out, I'm so so scared.
    They said they wouldn't perform any surgery on me until I have decided what to do about my pregnancy.

Anyway, I couldn't even get to speak to a Dr at my surgery yesterday so rang first thing this morning and I have a telephone consultation later on this morning. I will post after I have spoken to the Dr.

Thanks for your support

xxxx

Old 06-16-2009, 05:36 AM   #5
    Alix76
    (female)

Alix76 HB User

Hiya,
    Have you spoken to your Dr yet?
    Hope you have and have had your options explained to you.
    Let us know how it went.
    Sending hugs.
    xxxxxx

Old 06-17-2009, 11:03 AM   #6
    jana83
    (female)

jana83 HB User

I'm sorry you find yourself in this predicament.

If it's an option for you, you might consider abortion. If not, they might opt to do a lletz even during pregnancy, but you should definitely ask your doctor about that. Is the CIN3 of the squamous cells (on the surface of the cervix) or is it in the cervical canal? The former would require cutting less and would preserve your cervix more. I'm not sure how much the anesthesia and the procedure could affect the pregnancy.

Yours is a very difficult decision. If the idea of having another child gives you absolutely no happiness and only worries and stress, it might be best to terminate the pregnancy - if that is morally and emotionally acceptable for you. If not, things have a way of working themselves out and I'm sure if you decide to have the baby, things will turn out fine.

(((hugs)))

Closed Thread