It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board

• difference between endocervical curettage and Endometrial Biopsy

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-20-2009, 10:36 PM   #1
    ChaoticCutie
    (female)

ChaoticCutie HB User
    Question difference between endocervical curettage and Endometrial Biopsy

is there a difference between endocervical curettage and Endometrial Biopsy because in the Endometrial Biopsy i see u can use a pipette but in the other you use a curette which seems and sounds more painful. Do both do the same thing?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-21-2009, 06:47 AM   #2
    rosana726
    (female)

rosana726 HB User
    Re: difference between endocervical curettage and Endometrial Biopsy

An ECC takes a sample from the inside part of your cervix, and endometrial biospy is a biospy on the lining of your uterus. I have had both done, it is uncomfortable but not extremely painful, at least for me.

Old 11-22-2009, 12:29 PM   #3
    ChaoticCutie
    (female)

ChaoticCutie HB User

lol i hope its just uncomfortable, i have a VERY low threshhold for pain...also i was told that IF i have Cervical Dysplasia it is very mild they said the cell changes are VERY small. So would i need to get one of these? I am having it taken care of before it gets any worse so i wouldnt think i would need to check their correct?

Old 11-22-2009, 04:08 PM   #4
    rosana726
    (female)

rosana726 HB User

I had an ECC during a colposcopy to biospy cervical changes, I also have mild dysplasia or Cin 1 . The uterine biospy was done a year before to determine cause of heavy uterine bleeding. I had a condition called benign hyperplasia.

Old 11-22-2009, 04:28 PM   #5
    Timber
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Timber HB UserTimber HB User

You should not need an endometrial biopsy if you have cervical dysplasia. The endometrial lining is in the uterus and is uninvolved with early cervical dysplasia, whereas the endocervical canal can be involved. Fortunately, endometrial biopsy is much more uncomfortable than ECC.

Old 11-22-2009, 08:49 PM   #6
    ChaoticCutie
    (female)

ChaoticCutie HB User

is it really? wow...well idk im still very nervous...do you think i should ask for an ECC? even though it is so early into CINI

Old 11-23-2009, 06:25 PM   #7
    Pickle Eyes
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User

The cells involved in most (7/10) cervical dysplasia is squamous. However, in about 3/10 cases it is glandular. In the instances of glandular involvement, a doctor will typically do an endometrial biopsy (during the CKC) to determine if the glandular cells in the uterus are involved or not.

If you have squamous cell dysplasia, at your age, I don't think an ECC would be deemed appropriate. Of course, you can always ask your doctor what he/she recommends. He/she can explain his/her reasoning on performing one or not.

Old 04-03-2010, 03:38 PM   #8
    Sandy021967
    (female)

Sandy021967 HB User

I just had both procedures on this past Friday. Both were very uncomfortable and painful. I just hope my results come back good. I am terribly worried about what may be the problem.

Closed Thread