It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board

• Biopsy results - AIS - TERRIFIED!!! HELP!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-02-2010, 05:39 PM   #1
    Corrett
    (female)

Corrett HB User
    Biopsy results - AIS - TERRIFIED!!! HELP!

I've had abnormal paps on and off for 2 years...all ASCUS and one LSIL. I tested negative for HPV 2 years ago but tested positive for it last month. This prompted my dr to schedule a colposcopy and biopsy. He biopsies 3 areas.

The Endocervical Currettage results - fragments of benign endocervical tissue

Cervix - 9:00 - moderate CIN II

Cervix - 12:00 - Adenocarcinoma in situ in endocervical glandular mucosa.

I was in the waiting room to get my biopsy results when my phone range and it was the cancer clinic confirming my appt with an oncologist!!!! I said I hadn't made an appointment and they told me my doctor had. It was HORRIFIC.

Everyone had told me that it would be no big deal and I probably just needed to have some precancer cells burnt off, etc.

I have my gyn/oncologist appt tomorrow at 10:15 and am so scared. My dr said they would probably want to do a cone biopsy in the next week.

I am DEVASTATED. What does this mean?? Does anyone have any experience with AIS??

Thank you so much...please post back!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2010, 10:18 PM   #2
    NikkiAU
    (female)

NikkiAU HB User
    Re: Biopsy results - AIS - TERRIFIED!!! HELP!

Hi Corrett,

I'm sorry to hear your are going through this I don't have much advice to give you, but I wanted to let you know you're not alone. I was diagnosed with AIS 2 months ago after a LLETZ biopsy, and have just been referred by my gynocologist to the oncology department of a major hospital for further treatment.

I'm currently awaiting my first appointment with them to find out what my options are from here, but have already been told that the best option would be a hysterectomy. I am hoping for alternative options to this, as I'd prefer such a radical proceedure as a last resort.

I really hope that your appointment goes ok, please let us know.

Cheers

Nikki.

Old 09-23-2010, 09:23 PM   #3
    Corrett
    (female)

Corrett HB User
    Re: Biopsy results - AIS - TERRIFIED!!! HELP!

Thanks for responding to my post. I was beside myself when I wrote that...understandably! Since then I've had a very deep LEEP cone performed by a gyn/oncologist and the had the diagnosis of Adenocarcinoma in situ confirmed. I am choosing to have a hysterectomy because of the possibility of recurrence. My oncologist told me that Adenocarcinoma is often multifocal (which mine was) meaning it pops up in different spots. I don't have a strong desire for children and feel so lucky that the cancer turned out to not be invasive. I hope all is going well with you!

Closed Thread