It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board

• Found out adenocarcinoma is invasive

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-16-2010, 08:49 AM   #16
    cestlavie
    (female)

cestlavie HB User
    Re: Found out adenocarcinoma is invasive

The lack of info and conflicting info has been so hard for me too. I feel like my whole body is out of whack and I have no idea what to expect next. The PET scan injects some radioactive stuff into you and then they do a full body scan (doesn't that sound like fun-I can hardly wait). Supposedly it will detect any cancer type cell changes. My understanding from my drs is that you can't stage without the PET scan so although he might think I'm a 1a, that can't be confirmed until after the scan. This is particularly true for adenocarcinoma which has the ability to produce those skip lesions and sometimes likes to find it's way into lymph nodes-or so I've been told. I know what you mean about people's reaction. I get the same-"such great news" Doesn't seem so great to me. It is nice to talk to someone who really knows how devastating this is.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-16-2010, 09:58 AM   #17
    Dayanasmomma
    (female)

Dayanasmomma HB User

Well I'm waiting for my doctor to call me back to schedule a second opinion. I did a little research on the PET scan and I am going to DEMAND it! I am so glad you told me about it. I know I will feel a lot better to know the whole picture before I make my decision. I read that it is a very easy scan so no worries Cest! Although I know the hardest part is waiting for results..You will be in my thoughts and I am sending positive vibes your way. Is your scan tomorrow?

Old 11-16-2010, 01:32 PM   #18
    cestlavie
    (female)

cestlavie HB User

Thanks Dy! I could use some positive thoughts to turn the tide on all the negative that's been going on. My test is late Thursday pm and you're right-I'm not concerned about the test just the results. I hope you doctor gets you scheduled for one soon too. Tempting as it is to live in denial, it's best to know the whole picture. Keep asking questions and doing research. Let me know how it goes.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:46 AM   #19
    Dayanasmomma
    (female)

Dayanasmomma HB User

I finally got my 2nd opinion appt scheduled. Tuesday the 23rd. I have been cramping pretty bad from the conization and having a little pain in my stomach...Did you experience any of this Cest? I keep worrying about every little ache and pain...And then I wonder "is this something I would call my onc about or my family practice dr?" My only concern about waiting and having a baby is it will be a long stressful time of me worrying like this.But I think it will be worth it if I can have just one more child. I notcied you had a few kids..one close to my daughters age. What have you told them and how are they handling it?

Old 11-17-2010, 02:32 PM   #20
    cestlavie
    (female)

cestlavie HB User

Glad to hear you have an appt. scheduled! I worry about EVERYTHING as well. My cone was about 12 days ago and I haven't had cramping, but more worries with bleeding/spotting. It stopped after a week and then came back. I was so upset. It could be my period come early and light. How sad is that- everything is so out of whack I really don't know. I didn't know which dr to call either so I didn't call anyone. I have read that things can get out of sorts for a while after the cone. Plus, I have my scan tomorrow so I figured the drs would just say wait to see what happens after that. If I do call a dr it would be the onc, but that's mostly because things have never gone well with me and the gyn. My kids are 10 and 12. I haven't said anything to them yet. I wanted to wait until I have the whole story together. Plus I couldn't stand to see them worry like everyone else in the family. Somehow they haven't picked up on anything so there innocence is still safe. I was at the mall today and saw all the people xmas shopping and it made me so sad. Not that any time is a good time for this, but now is really bad.

The following user gives a hug of support to cestlavie:
    Dayanasmomma (11-18-2010)
    Old 11-17-2010, 05:43 PM   #21
    Dayanasmomma
    (female)

Dayanasmomma HB User

I was told bleeding would start mostly 10-14 days after the conization so your bleeding is totally normal. I unfortunately started my period about 10 mins before my procedure which was on the 5th of Nov. So I have been bleeding ever since. Sorry, maybe TMI. Im just fed up with it all!! I had to tell my daughter since she is 11 going on 30. We have always been SUPER close since i was a single mom for the past 5 years. So I tried the not saying anything and she just started getting severe anxiety and depression out of no where..would NOT leave me for anything..Her school counselor said I should let her know what is going on since she is obviously picking up the stress from it. She actually has done much better since I told her.. I just keep her well informed. Im currently unemployed and so I spend most of my day sitting around stressing about this situation. Everything makes me fairly depressed...Especially like you said..It being Xmas time. I will be thinking about you all day tomorrow.. sending positive thoughts your way!! Let me know how it goes.

Last edited by moderator2; 11-19-2010 at 03:19 PM.

Old 11-17-2010, 07:21 PM   #22
    cestlavie
    (female)

cestlavie HB User

My cone was on Nov. 5th too. Between these biopsies, stress and everything else I've been bleeding for about 2 months straight so I totally know what you mean. I can't take it anymore. I feel really depressed a lot of the time too. The emotional strain from all of this is incredible. You were right to tell your daughter. That's what we're supposed to do. My husband wanted to get though our son's b-day and Thanksgiving before we told them. Thanks for the positive thoughts for tomorrow. I dread it really. I don't want another "results" phone call. None of the others have gone too well. < edited > I'll let you know how things go tomorrow.

Last edited by hb-mod; 11-17-2010 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Please don't post personal info such as real name, email or phone.

Old 11-18-2010, 08:59 PM   #23
    Dayanasmomma
    (female)

Dayanasmomma HB User

Hope everything went smooth for you tonight Cest. How long do u have to wait for the results? Im home all day tomorrow so if you need to talk or are feeling depressed Ill be around!

Last edited by moderator2; 11-19-2010 at 03:18 PM.

Old 11-19-2010, 08:42 AM   #24
    cestlavie
    (female)

cestlavie HB User

The test, like all else with this, was pretty nerve-wracking. You lie on this board-like table with your hands over your head and get moved through these tubular things. Then it just stays in them for what seems an eternity. You have to be still which gets hard after a while. I should have the test results today or Monday. I called to see when they might know and I how they will notify me, but the person I had to talk to wasn't there so I left a message. To make matters worse, I'm pretty sure I got my period for real today. I feel awful from head to toe today. I have the day off from work and should really get something done, but I can't seem to pull myself together.

Last edited by moderator2; 11-19-2010 at 03:18 PM.

Old 11-19-2010, 10:35 AM   #25
    cestlavie
    (female)

cestlavie HB User

Quick update-I spoke to the onc. nurse. She was really nice to me. She said my onc is out of town so she couldn't give me a complete Pet scan report without his reviewing it. She did say she looked it over and it appeared not to have any surprises (ie-lymph node activity). I suppose that is good news? I'm sure I'll spend the weekend analyzing it a thousand times and jumping to worse-cased conclusions. Originally my onc thought the cone could have removed all the diseased cells, but since she didn't say the scan showed nothing maybe not. Regardless, I get to anticipate yet another "results" on Monday. I truly hate this more than words can describe.

Old 11-19-2010, 12:37 PM   #26
    Dayanasmomma
    (female)

Dayanasmomma HB User

Crazy! I think I got my period today too.. It is really heavy. But Im not really due for it so who knows..Maybe this is a part of the conization healing.
    Well what the nurse told you sounds positive to me. No suprises. good right?
    But I know what you mean. If you are like me, by monday you will have that turned into some crazy deeper meaning!
    Seriously, If one more person says congrats on my stage 1 cancer I might go insane. Yes! Congrats I might never be able to have another baby. Or congrats I will get to have a hysterectomy OR spend the next year and half of my life stressing about trying to get pregnant quick and not having cancer spread between now and then.....grrrr people **** me off.
    Sorry- quick meltdown there.

Im fairly grumpy today..can you tell? lol
    Well lets just think positive thoughts all weekend and Im sure everything will be good with your results!!!

Old 11-19-2010, 01:50 PM   #27
    cestlavie
    (female)

cestlavie HB User

I'm pretty angry today too. Honestly I think I have a better chance of recovering from this physically than I do mentally. I asked the onc. nurse about the period stuff. She said if you're having a heavier flow it's probably your period. Even if you're not expecting it for a week or so, the emotional and physical stress can cause it to occur early. She said cause for concern is if you go through more than a pad an hour for a couple of hours, have severe cramping, any foul odor. If any of those happen, she said to call the onc. nurse on call. Someone will answer at all times. That also answered the question of which dr. to call-definitely the onc. I hope we both have a positive thinking and peaceful weekend!

Old 11-19-2010, 06:19 PM   #28
    Dayanasmomma
    (female)

Dayanasmomma HB User

Oh my gosh I was just telling my husband the same thing. Im pretty sure Im going to have post traumatic stress disorder or something. Total emotional breakdown happening over the last few weeks. My mental stability is way more in danger than my health! Im glad to know about the period thing. I never know when I should worry...So do you have snow is Ohio yet? It rarely snows here but we are supposed to get some soon. I love snow. So that should cheer me up!

Old 11-22-2010, 10:34 AM   #29
    Dayanasmomma
    (female)

Dayanasmomma HB User

Let me know how today goes!!! Keeping you in my thoughts today.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dayanasmomma For This Useful Post:
    cestlavie (11-22-2010)
    Old 11-22-2010, 03:16 PM   #30
    cestlavie
    (female)

cestlavie HB User

Well-they kept me waiting all day, but the call was worth the wait. My PET scan showed no spreading and no lymph node involvement! That's really the first piece of good news Ive received in 2 months! Do you have your appt. tomorrow? I'll be sending positive thoughts for good news for you too!

Closed Thread