It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board

• CT Scan showed large complex ovarian cyst, enlarged spleen & lymph nodes. Scared.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-06-2011, 11:58 AM   #1
    WWLD
    (female)

WWLD HB User
    CT Scan showed large complex ovarian cyst, enlarged spleen & lymph nodes. Scared.

Hello. For the past few months I haven't been feeling great. Very tired, achy, had a loss of appetite for a while. I went to my doctor who sent me for blood work. The blood work showed that two of my liver functions were not working quite right. She sent me for an abdominal ultrasound, which showed my spleen and some of my abdominal lymph nodes were slightly enlarged. My doctor then sent me for a CT Scan and chest x-ray to rule out lymphoma. My chest x-ray was perfect but my CT Scan showed a large complex cyst (5x4x4) on my left ovary and that my spleen, some of my abdominal lymph nodes and some of my pelvic lymph nodes were still slightly enlarged (but not huge). In the past 2 weeks or so I've been feeling better (no more body aches, appetite back) but for the past week I've had very uncomfortable bloating in my stomach and lower back pain. It's still hard for me to eat because of the bloating.

My doctor is now sending me for a trans-vaginal ultrasound and is referring me to a gynocologist. I'm really afraid that this might be cancer. I'm only 28, no kids and no history of cervical cancer in my family. My mother was diagnosed with PCOS in her 30's.

Can anyone provide me with a bit of insight?? I feel so lost

Edit: I should also mention that I had a Pap test back in January that showed some LGSIL (low grade squamous intrapalitheal lesions) on my cervix. My doctor told me to wait 6 months and book another pap to see if they cleared up on their own.

Last edited by WWLD; 04-06-2011 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Forgot a piece of information

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread