It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board

• 5months postLEEP bleeding after sex, help please

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-09-2011, 01:28 AM   #1
    Ppc11
    (female)

Ppc11 HB User
    Unhappy 5months postLEEP bleeding after sex, help please

I am 24 years old and have never been pregnant. I had the LEEP procedure 5 months ago. I waited 6 weeks after the procedure (maybe more) to restart sexual activity. The first time we had sex, I bled for literally two weeks after. This scared me, but my doctor said that it was okay and not harmful to the healing of my cervix, and that everything looked good. She explained that there was a "healing zone" of open blood vessels (?) that bleeds easily when hit, and if it keeps happening they can just cauterize the area.

So here I am, 5 months later, STILL bleeding after sex... for nearly two weeks everytime. It's horrible. I barely have sex at all anymore, though my fiance is being very understanding. I'm terrified of this "burning" procedure, because I'm already paranoid about the effects this whole experience (multiple biopsies and LEEPs and poking and prodding of my cervix) might have on future pregnancies, and an extra procedure can't help.

Has anyone gone through this? The bleeding after sex months after? The "healing zone" explanation from doctors, or anything else your doctor has told you? The "re-cauterizing" procedure? Does the bleeding ever stop without it?

I am scared and don't know what to do. I really appreciate any comments.

Another detail that might be important, my doctor told me that my margins were not clear after the last LEEP, so I will have to have another biopsy and LEEP in June. Could this be the reason I'm bleeding still? If so.. my doctor didn't mention that as a possible reason so.. I don't know what to think.

Thanks again.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2011, 09:18 AM   #2
    kriscef
    (female)

kriscef HB User
    Re: 5months postLEEP bleeding after sex, help please

I am glad to hear that I am not the only one with these issues. I had my LEEP back in the first week of April. My results were mild to moderate and my Dr. stated she was glad we did the procedure. Now here we are 4 months later and I am not having my post LEEP pap until the mid of Aug (travel and timing), but since the procedure I have been having bleeding issues after and during sex with my husband. Sometimes after physical activity (running, biking, dancing) I also have some bleeding as well. I call my dr. about a month after maybe 6 weeks after and she stated this was normal and fine. We talked all about the "healing" process, but prior to the LEEP none of this was discussed. I am annoyed with the light cramping and bleeding randomly, but what I am being told is this is normal... I will let you know what and how my next pap goes in a couple weeks. In the meantime, I am trying to keep sexual activities to slow and steady while being cautious of the positions and try to stay away from positions which include deeper penetration. Husband is not too happy, but is understanding at the same time. I just hope I am healing and moving forward from all of this. Good luck!

Old 09-24-2011, 10:12 AM   #3
    stressD
    (female)

stressD HB User

I also had bleeding after my 2nd Leep in a year. During sex almost every time. Very frustrating and embarrassing. My husband says he doesnt mind but it bothers me. Then I started having spotting about 8 days before my period. It would last 3 or 4 days, go away and then my period would start. I asked my Dr about this and he said it is normal and my cervix is still healing.

Well, I just went for my 4 month pap and it is bad AGAIN! Now going for a cone biopsy. Dont understand how it could possibly be that bad so fast again.

Hope you stay on top of your paps. Good luck

Old 10-11-2011, 12:41 PM   #4
    Ppc11
    (female)

Ppc11 HB User

Hi, thank you for your replies. I made this post 5 months ago, but I would just like to follow up for anyone having the same problems that reads this thread.

My post-sex bleeding finally stopped on it's own about 6 or 7 months post-LEEP. I don't know what the deal was with that, but I would encourage any other concerned women to try not to worry too much and just wait it out. And let your doctor know of course

The Following User Says Thank You to Ppc11 For This Useful Post:
    soleil15 (09-20-2012)
    Closed Thread

Tags
    biopsy, cervical, cervix, dysplasia, leep