It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board

• changes in urination after LEEP, anyone? Bladder damage?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-09-2011, 02:53 AM   #1
    Ppc11
    (female)

Ppc11 HB User
    Thumbs down changes in urination after LEEP, anyone? Bladder damage?

I had the LEEP procedure on my cervix 5 months ago. Ever since then, I noticed that it seems to take a lot longer to empty my bladder. (sorry if TMI, I am honestly concerned) It feels like the "stream" doesn't have as much force behind it or something, and it just kind of empties slow & weak and I end up peeing forever (at least double the time it took me before the procedure), or having to "push" more than I ever needed to before to try and hurry things up. There is no pain. It is just strange, annoying, and concerning.

My doctor didn't mention any bladder problems or urinary complications of the procedure. Reading online I have seen that the bladder can actually be damaged during a LEEP. But that's an online source, and I never know how accurate anything is.

Has anyone else had an experience like this? I can't seem to find much about it. Do you think that my bladder or any muscles were damaged during the procedure? Will I ever go back to normal? What's wrong with me

Thank you. I really appreciate any replies.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-11-2011, 03:02 PM   #2
    Kali333
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Kali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB User
    Re: changes in urination after LEEP, anyone? Bladder damage?

I've never had LEEP but I have experienced EXACTLY what you're talking about.
    It happened after my kids were born (they're a year apart).
    It just suddenly felt like I was unable to urinate with any force... instead, the pee just dribbled out like a shower without any water pressure, and I'd often have to push a lot to get it to come out, and sometimes I'd have to go back two minutes later and "finish" peeing because it didn't all come out the first time.
    Sadly, that began in my early 20s, and it continues to this day (late 30s).
    So I can't promise you it ever gets better (although you get used to it eventually.)

I think having kids damaged the muscles in my urethra or bladder- not terribly, I've never experienced bladder incontinence, but enough to make peeing a chore, rather than a natural function that I don't have to think about.

Maybe the LEEP somehow did the same to you.
    It wouldn't hurt to talk to a doctor.
    Good luck.

Last edited by Kali333; 05-11-2011 at 03:02 PM.

Old 10-11-2011, 01:46 PM   #3
    Ppc11
    (female)

Ppc11 HB User
    Re: changes in urination after LEEP, anyone? Bladder damage?

Thanks for your reply. It is now 9 months past my LEEP and I'm still experiencing this "weak" urine flow, takes so long to empty my bladder! I think I may have some slight prolapse on the top wall of my vagina, but I'm not really sure. Is it really possible that they damaged my vaginal walls during the LEEP? Or something? My doctor doesn't have much to say about it, except she asked me if I was having any trouble urinating, so.. does she know something I don't?

Closed Thread