It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board

• Could Red Spot on Cervix be Cancer?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-05-2012, 01:01 PM   #1
    misha103
    (female)

misha103 HB User
    Could Red Spot on Cervix be Cancer?

3 weeks a go I had my annual pap and HPV testing. Both came back normal. However doctor noted red spot on cervix during exam. I had a LEEP Cone done 10 years ago for CIN III. Could the pap and HPV testing be wrong? Should I get a second opinion since the red spot was noted? The nurse said I should not be concerned with the red spot since the tests were normal. But I am still wondering what the red spot on my cervix could be. Any ideas?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-05-2012, 03:10 PM   #2
    gingertea
    Veteran
    (female)

gingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB User
    Re: Could Red Spot on Cervix be Cancer?

A few years ago my doc noted i had a deformity in the shape of my cervix. My pap came back fine but she still sent me to a gyn for a colposcopy and biopsy. After several months of re-checks and biopsies and hpv testing and ultrasounds, they determined i was fine. (After the 3rd colposcopy and biopsies all the cells came back negative) I've had normal paps for the past few years. If you are worried, ask for a referral for a colposcopy. They can detect so much more than a pap.

Old 03-14-2012, 05:40 AM   #3
    minnesotalady
    (female)

minnesotalady HB User
    Re: Could Red Spot on Cervix be Cancer?

I had a laser surgery for cervical cancer in my early twenties.And I have endometrioses. They did a biopsy of my cervix to find out if I had endo. I know they said a tell tale sign of endo is spots on the cervix. I can not be sure if it was brown or red dots. Maybe you could google that. I hate when they say don't worry. I had polyps and they said do not worry about also.We have to be our own health advocates these days, never just take their word for it!

Closed Thread

Tags
    cancer, cervix, hpv, pap