It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board

• Diagnosed with AIS... hope for pregnancy?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-20-2012, 01:49 PM   #1
    gina468
    (female)

gina468 HB User
    Diagnosed with AIS... hope for pregnancy?

Hello Ladies,

<I hope to get> realistic picture of my future.

I am 29 and was recently diagnosed with Adenocarcinoma in situ. I have had yearly PAPs, which all had normal results, until my last one in June 2012. My last one showed abnormalities, later diagnosed as HPV. After a colposcopy and a subsequent LEEP to treat the HPV, it was then discovered that I have AIS. My gyn just cleared me with a healed cervix 4 weeks after the LEEP. So, I went to see my gyn/oncologist yesterday. He told me that I need to have a cold-knife cone biopsy (but he will actually do a COIN biopsy where they take less cervix). He also told me that I already have a shorter cervix and that he will need to be even more conservative with this treatment.

I was just married a year ago and now my husband and I are discussing trying to have children as soon as possible - with the hopes that after our children are born, I can readily have a hysterectomy and be done with all this. But I've been on birth control (NuvaRing and pills - at different times) for almost 7 years now.

Has anyone ever waited after being diagnosed with AIS to get pregnant, give birth and then have the AIS treated? I'm afraid that with my short cervix and after the CKC, then we'll be even more challenged in trying to get pregnant and carry the baby to full-term.

<what do you think are my chances of getting pregnant and carrying to fill term?> Thank you all in advance for your answers and for your support!

I've been reading threads already - and this seems like a great place to share information in battling this disease!

Last edited by Administrator; 09-20-2012 at 03:13 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread