It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board

LEEP one year ago, no clean paps getting second LEEP

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-21-2013, 12:47 PM   #1
ThisorThat222
(female)

ThisorThat222 HB User
Angry LEEP one year ago, no clean paps getting second LEEP

I was wondering if anyone out there has had this issue:

Normal paps up until a little over a year ago, then it came back abnormal with HPV CIN III, I got the LEEP, and was told a large portion of my cervix was removed.

I continued to get paps over the course of the year, take all the vitamins my Dr recommeds, don't smoke, exercise, healthy weight, healthy (not even a cold in the last year).

Here I am a year later and they say I still have CIN III -- to me this means the first LEEP didn't work. Has anyone had to get a second LEEP a year after their first?

Also, I'm starting to wonder if the doctor who did the LEEP last year missed a spot. Is there a way to find this out? Or is it possible it's all brand new? If so I want to report her to the medical board.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-22-2013, 11:20 AM   #2
junipersage
(female)

junipersage HB Userjunipersage HB Userjunipersage HB User
Re: LEEP one year ago, no clean paps getting second LEEP

I'm so sorry that you're still having to deal with this a year later. That has to be so frustrating.

I don't think it's possible to know for sure if your CIN 3 was a missed spot or new dysplasia. Even if it was a missed spot, it does happen sometimes and doesn't necessarily mean the doctor was negligent. But still, totally stressful just the same.

I've certainly known folks who have had two or more LEEPs, separated in time by anything from six months to many years. In my case I had a LEEP and a cone biopsy, about six months apart, for severe, persistent dysplasia.

Sending you positive thoughts that you are able to get good results soon.

Old 12-13-2013, 01:46 PM   #3
Donnad1234
(female)

Donnad1234 HB User
Re: LEEP one year ago, no clean paps getting second LEEP

I just had a LEEP where my OB said she had to take out quite a bit and isn't sure if the pathology will show clear margins due to taking it out in pieces (apparently it is easier to tell if you can do one swipe but she said when you have a lot it is tough to do that).
Not sure how old you are but my OB (she is new to me by the way as my last OB left to teach) said she doesn't like to do repeat LEEPS for somebody my age (45). I am done with kids so she said she would just go to a hysterectomy next if it persists.
HUGS to you!

Closed Thread

Tags
cin iii, leep, second leep