It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board

In pain and worried - please help

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-10-2013, 04:47 PM   #1
Ljh40
(female)

Ljh40 HB User
In pain and worried - please help

I finished my period last Thursday but continued to feel bloated and experience odd symptoms like a little indigestion, burning sensations around my belly button, mid back pain, and a feeling like something was swollen on the right side of my body and occasionally in the middle of my chest (uncomfortable to sit, heaviness, etc.) Occasionally, I got a few tinges lower down more where I would think my ovaries are. This continued to get worse to the point where I went to urgent care, where they ended up doing an abdominal CT scan. The doctor said the preliminary report showed normal findings (he said ovaries as well when I specifically asked). Could what I'm feeling just be bloating?? I've never had much bloating until around 2 years ago when I think I started having some peri menopausal symptoms so I don't always know what it feels like. I'm not constipated nor do I have a ton of gas so I didn't even know it if could be bloating without one of those two being present.

I'm keeping my OB-GYN appointment on Friday to get an ultrasound, but in the meantime does anyone have any insight into whether my symptoms could still possibly be ovarian cancer? Could the CT scan pick up an ovarian cyst? I feel like the scan should have shown SOMETHING judging from the way I feel. If the CT scan is pretty definitive I'm at a loss as to what to do next. I can't walk around feeling like this and possibly missing something dangerous by assuming it's just bloating. BTW-I'm 40 and almost a week out from the end of my period.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread