It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board

• Ovarian Cancer?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-23-2013, 04:02 PM   #1
    kallison
    (female)

kallison HB User
    Ovarian Cancer?

I have googled myself sick. I need some advice. I have tried to ask for help before but no one ever replies ;( I am 27 years old. I wouldn't even THINK about cancer if i didn't have a friend just pass away at age 36 of colon cancer. On Sunday Dec 8 i slipped and fell on ice and hit my knee HARD. It bruised. About 4 days later i started experiencing low low back pain. Like buttocks area. It got better gradually and today I feel no pain in back or legs. Yesterday I got this bad burning sensation what felt like in the right side of my pelvis and/or down my thigh. I couldn't tell honestly. It went away after a couple of hours. It wasnt so bad that i was doubled over, just uncomfortable... I couldnt tell if it was ovary or what. My period just ended yesterday. Well today, most of the day, i have had bad indigestion pain in my stomach. I had it a few days ago as well. Mind you, i have been worrying myself SICK to the point that I can't eat sometimes because i am so worried. I am worried i have ovarian cancer and last week i worried SICK i had colon cancer from back pain. I have an appetite when i stop worrying. i dont feel bloated i dont think? I ate normally today...Yesterday i didnt each much bc i was sick from worrying. I am about to just take myself to the ER before i lose my mind. If i had ovarian cancer would the back pain and what i thought was maybe pelvis pain go away? or be persistent? i guess i should also add i started taking Metamucil as well. For a little over a week. Can that cause indigestion pains? Can anyone please offer me some advice? i cant take off work to go the OBGYN right now bc holiday week, do i need to go the hospital or will they think i am crazy? thank you! as you can imagine i feel like quite the hypochondriac right now...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-23-2013, 04:55 PM   #2
    kallison
    (female)

kallison HB User
    Re: Ovarian Cancer?

anyone????????

Old 12-24-2013, 07:44 AM   #3
    STLouisgal
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

STLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB User

I highly doubt you have ovarian cancer especially if you do not have a strong family history. Your fall is likely the cause of your back pain and maybe the pelvic pain too. Many things can cause pelvic pain - digestive, reproductive unrelated to cancer.

A woman with normal risk factors for ovarian cancer has a lifetime risk of less than 2% (I believe .gov cancer stats say 1.4%). Colon cancer is not all that common either especially in someone your age.

So take a deep breath and let these fears subside and enjoy your holiday!

Old 12-24-2013, 08:30 AM   #4
    kallison
    (female)

kallison HB User
    Smile Re: Ovarian Cancer?

Thank you so much for ur kind reply. I just need to stay away from Google really lol. I think anxiety is getting the best of me and causing some mild stomach problems. Anxiety does run in my family. My mother has always had it. It is scary the places your mind goes when you start to think. I am going to try my best to just take a deep breath and enjoy the Holidays. Thank u!

Old 12-24-2013, 10:41 AM   #5
    STLouisgal
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

STLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB User

Ironically, I never had anxiety until after my sex organs (uterus, ovaries, and tubes) were removed for a BENIGN ovarian cyst 7 years ago. I curse my gyn of 20 years to this day for that! My health and well-being have never been the same.

I have learned more than I ever cared to know about the overuse of female organ removal! Of course, those with a family history and/or symptoms of ovarian cancer or colon cancer (or any other cancer for that matter) should get checked out but, again, many of the symptoms of OC and CC mimic those of other issues. And yes, one can exaggerate their symptoms too which doesn't help matters.

Closed Thread

Tags
    cancer, metamucil and fibercon, ovarian, ovarian cancer, ovarian cyst