It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board

anxiety?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-28-2013, 09:53 AM   #1
kallison
(female)

kallison HB User
anxiety?

I have had pretty bad anxiety I would say for the past three weeks.I had a friend die of colon cancer at age 36 (I am 27). So now I've convinced myself I'm dying when I have every little symptom. All I want is to feel normal again. Every time I eat I get indigestion and feels like there's just too much bile in my stomach? Then I Google that and ovarian cancer pops up. I don't have any physical pain anywhere on my body. Just worry myself sick that I have cancer somewhere. Can anxiety cause indigestion all the time? neck ache, shortness of breath (only when I concentrate on it do I notice that part) I seem to sleep just fine but as soon as I wake up that nervous feeling just comes back. Sometimes I get foggy headed like things just arent real. Are these normal? What kind of medication would u recommend to help me? Xanax? Anxiety runs in my family. My dad had prostate cancer but no cancer in my moms side. I've always had problems with constipation as long as I can remember and take laxatives. I try to go off of them and started Metamucil and stools were going back to normal but then I felt like the Metamucil made my indigestion worse so I stopped. Any advice would be appreciated. I just want to relax. Maybe all my symptoms would go away if I could just relax and convince myself im not dying.....

The following user gives a hug of support to kallison:
WhistleDixie (12-28-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-28-2013, 10:36 AM   #2
WhistleDixie
Inactive
(female)

WhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB User
Re: anxiety?

kallison...Sweetie, I'm sorry you are experiencing these feelings. I'm no expert, but I can assure you that YOU ARE NOT DYING. It sounds as though you are experiencing some intense anxiety that you need to talk with your doctor about, if you can't get it under control.

Try to distract yourself from using the computer to GOOGLE anything...especially potential "health issues" that you DO NOT have=) Yes, anxiety and stress are your tummy's worst enemies. You must get your obsessive worry under control. You are a young vibrant woman who needs to get busy LIVING. Grab your Ipod and go for a walk or run...listening to your favorite tunes. Immerse yourself in activities you enjoy with people who make you laugh.

I promise you are going to be FINE if you refuse to let fear consume you=)

Old 12-28-2013, 03:20 PM   #3
kallison
(female)

kallison HB User
Re: anxiety?

Thank u for ur kind reply. I took your advice and I am seeming more calm. Thank u

Closed Thread