It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board

• cancer scared

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-27-2014, 12:48 PM   #1
    tara521
    (female)

tara521 HB User
    cancer scared

Hi I'm 32 I'm currently experiencing abdomen pain and heaviness along with bleeding during and after sex and my periods have doubled in length and amount with large clots! In the last 12 years I've had countless abnormal paps, had 3 leep procedures done and 2 coloscopy! (Cone) I'm feeling extremely fatigued with headache and strange leg pain. The bleeding and abdomen pain has become unbearable I had a pap last week but that only made my nerves worse waiting on results! It took 10 minutes of slow moving to get up from my bed. My hubby wants me to go to the er but what could they do? Besides make me feel stupid for going to the er but I'm so miserable. Any advice

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2014, 04:35 AM   #2
    STLouisgal
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

STLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB User
    Re: cancer scared

It's possible that the heavy bleeding and clots are unrelated to your previous abnormal cervical cells. Fibroids or polyps in the uterus can cause heavy bleeding and clots. And those are almost always benign (non-cancerous) and can usually be removed by a surgeon with the right skills which would allow you to keep your uterus and its non-reproductive (lifelong) functions. Of course, without a gynecologic exam, there is no way of knowing the cause of your symptoms. With your prior history, it would probably be a good idea to see a gynecologic oncologist versus a regular gynecologist.

Let us know what you find out. I hope it is nothing serious!

Old 04-28-2014, 07:11 AM   #3
    tara521
    (female)

tara521 HB User

So I had an pap on April 21 how long about will I wait for results? On average? My Dr says we'll do us on the 7 of may but he's leaning towards hysterectomy since I can't have kids any longer but just the uterus? ? I'm just lost n scared I know something is wrong. I know my body!

Old 04-28-2014, 11:37 AM   #4
    STLouisgal
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

STLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB User

I would think your pap results would be back any day now since it's been a week. I would want a specific diagnosis - the reason for the bleeding and clotting - before deciding on a treatment. MOST hysterectomies are done unnecessarily. Only about 2% are done for cancer.

I was 49 when mine was (needlessly) done 8 years ago and I am still trying to get my life back. Hormonally, I am in a pretty good place but I know I will live with the back, hip, and rib cage effects (pain) of the anatomical changes for the rest of my life. And the post-hysterectomy figure is depressing too. And my bowels have been a mess ever since. So just be sure you understand your diagnosis and all treatment options as well as the non-reproductive lifelong functions of the uterus (and ovaries) before deciding on a treatment. Also, there is about a 40% chance of ovarian failure after hysterectomy due to loss of blood flow to the ovaries.

Closed Thread

Tags
    cervical cancer, endometriosis, uterine, uterine cancer