It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board

• Anyone with Insight? Possible AIS

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-28-2014, 03:26 PM   #1
    oilgaslb
    (female)

oilgaslb HB User
    Unhappy Anyone with Insight? Possible AIS

Hi everyone. Let me give a brief background as to my results so that you can see where I started and where I stand.

February 2013 - 1st pap in 2-3 years, pap results ASCUS, high risk HPV + (for years on end, not going away, even now), colpo revealed CIN1, left to wait and see

March 2014 - post-coital bleeding, on and off pain in lower right abdomen (no appendix, u/s revealed no cysts), pap result ASCUS but cannot rule out HSIL, colpo revealed CIN 1 and CIN 2, ECC was inconclusive due to insufficient sampling

April 2014 - due to lupus suppressed immune system and CIN 2, LEEP was performed along with a 2nd ECC, LEEP results confirmed all CIN 2, plus unclear margins extending into the endocervical glands, but ECC was "okay".

A 2nd LEEP was recommended to get all margins on exocervix, as well as a deeper/larger biopsy of the endocervix, since the ECC was only a minor scraping that may have missed something.

1) Has anyone had a similar process? My obgyn said there is a chance of AIS due to the glandular/endocervical involvement.

2) If you've been diagnosed with AIS was in a similar process until you got the diagnosis?

3) I made an appt for a 2nd opinion with a gyn-onc, but based on personal experience, would anyone recommend a cold knife cone vs. LEEP vs. wait/see vs. something more invasive? Preserving my fertility is very important to me.

Thank you very much in advance!

Last edited by oilgaslb; 04-28-2014 at 03:31 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread