It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board

Waiting for my cervical biopsy results. HSIL pap

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-04-2014, 09:33 PM   #1
havefaith0423
(female)

havefaith0423 HB User
Waiting for my cervical biopsy results. HSIL pap

Hi,

Last May 16, 2014 I had may routine pap smear and a week later I got a call that my results came in abnormal. I was told I was positive for HPV and my results are HSIL.

June 03, 2014 I had my colposcopy and cervical biopsy. While my doctor was doing the procedure I asked my doctor if I should worry, and she told me: "Yes, you should worry." I am terrified. I asked her what's the worst thing that could happen to me and she told me that she could remove my uterus or if I am lucky she'll be just doing the LEEP procedure.

Now I am waiting for the results. I am lost. I am scared. A year and a half ago my pap smear returned normal. The last time I had an abnormal pap was year 2008 (due to bacterial vaginosis), and year 2008 I also had genital warts but had it cauterized and it never returned.

Can someone please shed some light to me? I'm afraid I have cancer, I'm afraid for my 2 year old daughter.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2014, 06:22 PM   #2
Greeneday
(female)

Greeneday HB User
Re: Waiting for my cervical biopsy results. HSIL pap

What were your results from the tests that were ran? I just had a colposcopy, endometrial biopsy and and ultrasound yesterday...I'm anxious to what the biopsies will show. My testing was due to an abnormal pap that revealed abnormal glandular cells combined with high risk HPV (16). So many things have been running through my mind :/

Old 06-25-2014, 12:11 PM   #3
junipersage
(female)

junipersage HB Userjunipersage HB Userjunipersage HB User

Greeneday, what exactly were your pap results - was it AGUS or AGC?

Old 06-25-2014, 03:04 PM   #4
Greeneday
(female)

Greeneday HB User

I'm not sure which one, actually my Dr didn't specify or if she did I didn't catch it. I'm assuming it's AGC since they did the colposcopy, ultrasound and endometrial biopsies. I wrote that down so I can ask her when they call me with the biopsy results. She did mention that they would be more concerned if I was post menopausal (I'm 34). I don't know if that helps?

Old 06-26-2014, 03:00 PM   #5
junipersage
(female)

junipersage HB Userjunipersage HB Userjunipersage HB User

Thanks, Greeneday. keep us posted when you get your biopsy results back. I've got my fingers crossed for you! :-)

Closed Thread