It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board

• Is flat stool too late?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-22-2015, 08:38 PM   #1
    ynotpeace
    (male)

ynotpeace HB User
    Is flat stool too late?

I've been having flat stool for about 3 weeks now, and I know that it doesn't always mean colon cancer. But lets say hypothetically it is, in which case I have a couple of questions.

What from colon cancer actually causes the flat stools? And if you already have flat stools from colon cancer what stage is it at already?

P.S. I've been trying to get a colonoscopy for like 2 months now. They screwed up the appointment and didn't call me so I'm having to wait again. I might have to just go to a private place if I want it done faster.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-11-2015, 06:36 AM   #2
    Ryanb23
    (male)

Ryanb23 HB User
    Re: Is flat stool too late?

Hi. I just wanted to get online and kind of help put minds to ease because I went through some scares of my own and anxiety SUCKS! Also, I know people don't get online if they turn out to be ok and tell there story. It's the sick people that want to blog about it! I'm 23 and I noticed some of my stools would turn out a little flat and some would be skinny. I've always had bright red blood when I wipe for the most part. After a lot of research i found out that flat stool is not a sign of colon cancer, it honestly probably has to do with the texture of the poop and the way it is exiting your body. heck it could even be a hemorrhoid! I went to the Drs and they truly didn't seem to concerned. They put me on this stuff called fiber con and I'm back to normal pooping out solid round logs! Try that and maybe that can help put your mind at ease before you do any more damage to yourself over thinking! Stay in touch! Here if you need me!

The Following User Says Thank You to Ryanb23 For This Useful Post:
    samantha paige (02-21-2016)
    Old 01-01-2016, 08:10 AM   #3
    grasshopper1917
    (male)

grasshopper1917 HB User
    Re: Is flat stool too late?

I just went to the doctor because I was seeing some red on the TP after wiping and on the stool. I also have flat stools sometimes. I was worried when I googled my symptoms and panicked a little.

First of all dont pay attention to google in terms of trying to figure out whats wrong - go see a doctor. My doctor said flat stools are normal in some people and other times it depends on the firmness of the stool (some softer ones are just easier flattened as they exit the body).

In any case he was concerned enough to do an examination and he found some 2 cuts and scrapes on my butt (which i figured I had cause i could feel irritation). Best thing to do is just drop into a doctor he will ask you some questions maybe do an exam and tell you if there is a problem. It likely something very basic if anything.

Closed Thread

Tags
    colon cancer