It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board

• Could these symptoms add up to colon cancer?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 05-06-2016, 11:41 PM   #1
    lcb2
    (female)

lcb2 HB User
    Could these symptoms add up to colon cancer?

Okay. I saw my PCP yesterday, and have a GI appt in 2 weeks, but I am worried. I am a 55 yo woman with several health diagnoses that affect each other - especially med interactions. Bipolar, Type 2 Diabetes, some neurological disorders, PCOS (years ago), and a long history of chronic constipation. I have a 1st cousin with colon cancer. I had a clear colonoscopy 2 1/2 years ago.

So, these are the symptoms that have me worried. Most have emerged in the last 2 months, unless otherwise noted.

Alternating diarrhea and constipation
    I never feel that I have had a complete bowel movement (this has been going on for years)
    Bowel movements normally emerge in sticky-feeling, short, ribbon-like segments (ongoing)
    Nausea after eating almost anything
    Severe, long-lasting abdominal cramping and burning after eating almost anything (this just started a few days ago, pretty much replacing the nausea)
    Extreme fatigue
    25 pound, unexplained weight loss over the past 10 months
    Increasing burping and flatulence over the past 2 days
    Incredibly foul flatulence
    Fresh (red) blood in the toilet (just happened tonight) after passing semi-constipated stool
    Abdominal pain is diffuse - sometimes upper, sometimes lower, sometimes on either side

That's enough. My PCP started me on antibiotics in case we're just looking at gastritis, but that doesn't explain the bowel symptoms. I don't know if I'm anemic or not - no one has checked recently, and I just read about the connection tonight.

Should I be worried? Should I press for a GI apt sooner than 2 weeks?

TIA

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-07-2016, 06:17 AM   #2
    omcanboy
    (male)

omcanboy HB User
    Re: Could these symptoms add up to colon cancer?

we have the same issue... I have clear colonoscopy 10 months ago. And got cleared the only dx I have is internal hemmorhiod and diverticulosis. But my symptoms persist like on and off bleeding/change in bowel habits/ribbon like stools/ pain in the lower left ab/and shortness of breath. Other than colonoscopy I have ultrasound/ctscan/blood test and all came back clear. My GP keep on telling me it's hemmorhiod that bleed and my diverticulosis causes me the discomfort. But I already have appointment with my GI 2 weeks ago and give me a suppositories and will be back next week for an appointment. Try to relax and wait as you have colonoscopy 2.5 years ago. That's what I'm doing now and wait if my GI will give me another colonoscopy as I have it clear 10 months ago

Reply Reply