It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board

Scared ... Please answer pls pls

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-04-2017, 03:07 AM   #1
Ghaa
(female)

Ghaa HB User
Scared ... Please answer pls pls

Hello guys I just want to know if it is something serious I have health anxiety !! really bad one I'm 19 years old female. I have my period and I notice that I have loose stool and I saw red thing I don't know if it's a blood or what and I don't know if it's from my period but I ate tomato before I'm really scared and when I hear the word cancer I get terrified pls I'm really scared I don't know if doctors will allow me to do colonoscopy I can't stop being worried my life has changed and I'm really scared ... pls any advice plss I'll appreciate it is it normal to have some blood in the stool during period? !!

update: my female doctor told me it's normal to have it in period ......... she said u have anxiety only ... guys I'm tired I'm really tired I'm underweight already Im scared that i'll see blood in my stool again ......... im really scared in my country it's hard to get colonoscopy at my age .. any advices pls help me

Last edited by Ghaa; 01-04-2017 at 07:57 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-04-2017, 04:45 AM   #2
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Scared ..Pls answer pls pls

It is not normal to pass blood in the stool anytime, even during your period; however it is HIGHLY possible that what you saw was tomato residual in your stool. Tomatoes do not break down completely...

Colon Cancer comes with symptoms- and if you had something really wrong, you would know it. You are too young for a colonoscopy unless there is a history of colon cancer in your family. I have had 9 people get colon cancer in my family and they started doing colonoscopies on me at age 25. I get one every 3 years...

You admitted that you have health anxiety- please try to remember this and get it under control so that you don't have to live with this worry about every little thing. Unless you start seeing blood in every stool you have, you should forget about this one time thing and stop worrying! a good physical at your primary doctors office might help relieve you of having any health issues...

Best,
MSNik

Old 01-04-2017, 06:05 AM   #3
Ghaa
(female)

Ghaa HB User

Hello MSNik
Thank you so much for replying I can't control myself I'm scared I can't stop crying no one is supporting me here I feel so lonely I booked appointment but it's in 12-1 I can't wait I swear and I don't know if the doctor will accept colonoscopy for me ') I just hate life rn even when I'm crying no more tears left I feel so lonely and I can't sleep properly I can't go out alone to the hosp and even if i did I have to book appointment before ') I wish someone can stay with me until I get the answer I will cry when I see the doctor I really want to colonoscopy to feel better and safe .... I have no risk factors but I saw young patient stories and I'm tired I just can't live happy ....

Old 01-04-2017, 08:35 AM   #4
Ghaa
(female)

Ghaa HB User

I just convinced myself that I have it already and im going to die ..........

Old 01-04-2017, 08:48 AM   #5
sgtgrl
(female)

sgtgrl HB User
Re: Scared ... Please answer pls pls

I totally understand what you were going through and the feelings you're having. Let me put your young mind at ease. There is absolutely nothing wrong with you. If the doctors felt there were truly something that you were saying in the way of symptoms that was concerning them, they would order tests. They go to medical school and have a degree for a reason. It is so hard to take what they say at face value because your fears are always in the back of your head.

But let's go down the road of colon cancer… If in fact you did have it at 19 which is highly, highly unlikely it would be assumed it was caught very early and the survival rates for early diagnosed colon cancer are about 95%. So instead of worrying if you do have it let yourself feel the feelings of having it and catching it early. If I were you, I would make an appointment to speak to a healthcare professional about your anxiety possibly A therapist.

I am not a doctor, but like I said I have gone through this myself. Please, stay off the Internet, stop googling symptoms because that only makes your anxiety worse. By constantly focusing on something it amplifies it. So if you're feeling a certain symptom and you focus on that your body can start exhibiting symptoms of your fears. Best of luck!

Old 01-04-2017, 10:09 AM   #6
Ghaa
(female)

Ghaa HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtgrl View Post
I totally understand what you were going through and the feelings you're having. Let me put your young mind at ease. There is absolutely nothing wrong with you. If the doctors felt there were truly something that you were saying in the way of symptoms that was concerning them, they would order tests. They go to medical school and have a degree for a reason. It is so hard to take what they say at face value because your fears are always in the back of your head.

But let's go down the road of colon cancer… If in fact you did have it at 19 which is highly, highly unlikely it would be assumed it was caught very early and the survival rates for early diagnosed colon cancer are about 95%. So instead of worrying if you do have it let yourself feel the feelings of having it and catching it early. If I were you, I would make an appointment to speak to a healthcare professional about your anxiety possibly A therapist.

I am not a doctor, but like I said I have gone through this myself. Please, stay off the Internet, stop googling symptoms because that only makes your anxiety worse. By constantly focusing on something it amplifies it. So if you're feeling a certain symptom and you focus on that your body can start exhibiting symptoms of your fears. Best of luck!
Thankyou so much for replying.. i really hope the can accept or they request colonoscopy.. today my dad asked my doctor she told him this is normal because of the period the blood will be mixed .. i really don't know , my dad is not taking me seriously he's angry cause i dod a lot of tests before include mri nw i duno .. im just quiet nw sad feeling empty scared

Old 01-05-2017, 04:05 AM   #7
Ghaa
(female)

Ghaa HB User

I booked appointment for sturday pls pray for i want them to accept my request im nervous and stressed 💔💔💔

Reply Reply