It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board

Scared so much

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-05-2017, 06:16 AM   #1
Ghaa
(female)

Ghaa HB User
Scared so much

Im tired of stress ..... im really tired guys my appointment is in saturday and I don't know if they will accept colonscopy for me cause my age im really scared im crying all the time

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2017, 09:25 AM   #2
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Scared so much

Ghaa, Please dont cry. You are wasting energy by crying. If they wont do it, it is because there is no reason to perform the test and that is a good thing! If they do it, you'll know right after the test if there is anything there.

The one thing about Colon Cancer is that it is the slowest growing cancer of any kind- which is why most GI doctors only perform a colonoscopy every ten years. A polyp which can lead to cancer is easily removed and prevents cancer from starting.... no one wakes up with colon cancer overnight! You really have absolutely nothing to worry about. See the doctor, talk about your fears and let the doctor decide if your symptoms warrant further testing. Please dont cry because you have absolutely nothing to be afraid of!

Take a deep breath. Saturday will be here soon enough. Be brave. Only cry if you have something to worry about! I promise you that whatever is happening by seeing the doctor, you are doing the right thing. No one can know what is going on without being checked out first. Okay?

Best!

Old 01-06-2017, 12:57 AM   #3
Ghaa
(female)

Ghaa HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSNik View Post
Ghaa, Please dont cry. You are wasting energy by crying. If they wont do it, it is because there is no reason to perform the test and that is a good thing! If they do it, you'll know right after the test if there is anything there.

The one thing about Colon Cancer is that it is the slowest growing cancer of any kind- which is why most GI doctors only perform a colonoscopy every ten years. A polyp which can lead to cancer is easily removed and prevents cancer from starting.... no one wakes up with colon cancer overnight! You really have absolutely nothing to worry about. See the doctor, talk about your fears and let the doctor decide if your symptoms warrant further testing. Please dont cry because you have absolutely nothing to be afraid of!

Take a deep breath. Saturday will be here soon enough. Be brave. Only cry if you have something to worry about! I promise you that whatever is happening by seeing the doctor, you are doing the right thing. No one can know what is going on without being checked out first. Okay?

Best!
Thank you again I really need motivation like this .. I went to the do tor yestrday and It old him everything I told him i'm on my period he told me it's hard to know if it's the period blood or from the stool itself .. I was really nervous He noticed how nervous i'm he checked my stomach he told me it's bloated he asked me if I feel gas inside i told him yes I told him about the diarrhea only two time during my period the nurse told me it's normal in the period and I had no diarrhea before the period .. and he told me we can't perform colonscopy because you don't know if it's the period blood and he asked me how was the blood i told him like spots i told him that I ate tomato and a lot of jam before also something in the salad it was kinda riddish and spicy he told me no to worry .. he asked me if someone has colon problems in my family i told him no i don't think. He told me he will do two blood tests because I'm underweight one is to check for celiacs disease.. i told him about my health anxiety .. i told him if he can perform colonscopy without the stool test .. he said we can't they will not accept without providing.. I'm scared still but I'm trying to convince myself that it was tomato or jam or even period blood mixed with the stool yestrday I went to the bathroom I had no diarrhea and no i checked for blood and there was no blood .. i should wait one or two days to do the stool test. Everyone is telling me in home I'm fine im just scared of nothing and thinking a lot .. dad told me gases in stomach sometimes come from anxiety and I was eating a lot of egg the days before and also my period so all mixed togather .. i tried to convince myself everything was fine before worrying about colon cancer i swear ') crying and not eatig well cause of thinking i even can't sleep properly i wake up suddenly and scared like when someone try to scare you by surprising you !! Yh in wake up like this everytime I try to sleep and I hate staying alone. My doctor told me if u saw blood again we will perform colonscopy for u .. i guess so what do you think 😞?? Im just 19 i really wish I stay healthy inshallah. I should trust my god that I'm fine and im pushing myself so far away.

Sorry for typing a lot i wanted to express my feeling and sorry for the bad grammer English is my second language if u r wondering why there are a lot of mistakes thank you again.

Old 01-06-2017, 05:43 AM   #4
Ghaa
(female)

Ghaa HB User

Wish u reply

Old 01-06-2017, 06:22 AM   #5
Ghaa
(female)

Ghaa HB User

Going to another doctor in wendsday and tmw maybe .. wish they accept the colonscopy tired of stress my life is a nightmare rn.

Old 01-06-2017, 07:11 AM   #6
YaYagirl
Senior Veteran
(female)

YaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB User

Dear Ghaa,

Blood in the stool is black, not red.

Get busy and make yourself think about other things. Your doctor would give a colonoscopy if there was a reason. There is no reason right now. Obsessing and fear does not mean you have cancer.

The doctor won't do the colonoscopy because there is no reason to do it.

Last edited by YaYagirl; 01-06-2017 at 07:13 AM.

Old 01-06-2017, 08:54 AM   #7
Ghaa
(female)

Ghaa HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaYagirl View Post
Dear Ghaa,

Blood in the stool is black, not red.

Get busy and make yourself think about other things. Your doctor would give a colonoscopy if there was a reason. There is no reason right now. Obsessing and fear does not mean you have cancer.

The doctor won't do the colonoscopy because there is no reason to do it.
The doctor told me he will do colonscopy if the blood is still there after the period he did not mention that the blood has to be black .. and I really tried to get busy but it's so hard 😞 i saw a lot of young patient <20 with colon cancer and i'm scared .. i'll not be able to live normal if I didn't make sure that i'm fine ')

Last edited by Ghaa; 01-06-2017 at 08:56 AM.

Old 01-07-2017, 09:21 AM   #8
Ghaa
(female)

Ghaa HB User

Get guys I wanted to update you today I went to the doctor again a new one this time he's so famous in my country and the best I told him about everything he told me i'll do colonscopy for u today if u want or tmw i didn't even ask to do it. So because of my bad anxiety i said yes today pls he gave me solution to drink *worst taste ever* 1L !! Disgusting anyway I emptied the stool inside then they did the colonscopy I don't remember anything but i felt nothing he told my dad it's hemorroid i feel much better now I wish i can fix my anxiety and control it 💔💔 i don't want to feel scared from any small symptom i have gas still. Praying to feel better and not worry about everything. And yh i have blood test tmw i'll do it because the doctor was wondering why im underweigt but sometimes i reach 40 !!! I don't eat a lot tbh sometime i skip dinner sometime i skip lunch !! I wish there is nothing like celiac disease. My mom told me she was thin when she was my age

Old 01-07-2017, 11:29 AM   #9
Dragonfly Wings
Senior Veteran

Dragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB User

Hello Ghaa, I am happy for you to have your colonoscopy and answers!

If you want to stay healthy though skipping meals is a very bad idea, this is what will make you sick! Ensure you are eating enough each day and please don't skip meals

All the best for the future!
K.

Reply Reply