It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board

First Colonoscopy - Please go ahead and get one

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-20-2017, 09:02 AM   #1
lasalud150

lasalud150 HB User
First Colonoscopy - Please go ahead and get one

Hi everyone!

Had my first colonoscopy yesterday. Bleeding occasionally for years. chalked it up to hemorrhoids or fissure and didn't get a colonoscopy until yesterday.

When I had a recent bout of rectal bleeding, in February I think, I decided to get a colonoscopy. Toward the latter part of March, I noticed looser stools, with a few days of diarrhea. I googled information regarding symptoms and colon cancer. I started praying and hoping that I had not waited too late to have a colonoscopy. I also started reading GOD'S Word, including Healing Scriptures.

I was diagnosed with internal hemorrhoids. Thank GOD that it was a minor issue. Praise JESUS!!!!!

My question is... now that I know it's internal hemorrhoids, is it safe to not treat them? It doesn't really bother me if they bleed a little, since I know that cancer has been ruled out.
I do plan to add more fiber and not sit on the toilet so long.
I think the GI doc indicated that the hemorrhoids were not an issue right now. I guess they were not inflamed at the time of the colonoscopy?

Also, due to family history (my brother had a polyp removed in his early 40s), the GI doc wants me to have another colonoscopy in 3 years. I'm okay with that.

For anyone scared to get a colonoscopy, please go ahead and do it. It really isn't that bad. And I was so relieved to get it over with.

Thanks for your time. Have a powerful day!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lasalud150 For This Useful Post:
busymommy (04-21-2017),movielover40 (04-20-2017)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2017, 12:38 PM   #2
movielover40
Senior Veteran
(male)

movielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB User
Re: First Colonoscopy - Please go ahead and get one

At my physical they found blood in my stool sample so I'm over 50 and I'm scheduled for colonoscopy early May.

Thanks for the heads up.

The following user gives a hug of support to movielover40:
busymommy (04-21-2017)
Reply Reply