It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board

Symptoms Required Colonoscopy

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-27-2017, 11:29 AM   #1
beth4409
(female)

beth4409 HB User
Symptoms Required Colonoscopy

For everyone who has health anxiety or has the bad habit of googling their symptoms, please read. I am a 33 year old female and beginning last November I had a serious change in bowel habits. Prior to this I had always been regular. Out of no where I became severely constipated and began seeing blood and mucus in my stools. I also had abdominal pain and a pressure pain in my rectum that would come and go. My grandfather had colon cancer so after googling my symptoms and seeing colon cancer pop up every time I was beyond scared.

In February I saw a GI doctor and he didn't seem concerned because of my age. He wanted to follow up in 2 months. Meanwhile my symptoms worsened as did my anxiety. It was all I could think about. After googling and reading so many stories of people in their thirties being diagnosed with late stage cancer I was absolutely terrified. My husband thought I was crazy for constantly searching the internet and threatened to take my phone away. Finally I went back to the GI and scheduled a colonoscopy. The prep was no fun obviously but I really didn't care as I was so anxious about my results. Yesterday I had the colonoscopy and received the news that I have internal hemorrhoids and a possible weak colon. He prescribed more fiber.

Now my point here is that no matter how many people told me to calm down I just couldn't and probably did more damage to myself by worrying. The bible tells us not to worry for a reason. I know it's difficult but you really should not google your symptoms. All of mine matched those of cancer and I didn't even have a polyp. My heart goes out to those who's news wasn't good. Life is hard but we do really have to trust God. And one more thing, if you have symptoms get checked out! The peace of mind is priceless. In the event that there is an issue it's better to find out as early as possible so it can be treated.

The following user gives a hug of support to beth4409:
movielover40 (04-28-2017)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2017, 11:30 AM   #2
movielover40
Senior Veteran
(male)

movielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB User
Re: Symptoms Required Colonoscopy

I'm having one next week after a yearly physical found blood in my stools.

Old 05-02-2017, 06:28 PM   #3
tiredofissues
(female)

tiredofissues HB User
Re: Symptoms Required Colonoscopy

I am having one too as I have anemia and positive for blood in stool. Scared to death ..as you said. Google always mentions cancer and so did my doctor. Hoping for good results for all of us!

Reply Reply