It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board

Colorectal cancer?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-28-2017, 06:17 AM   #1
54yearoldfemale
(female)

54yearoldfemale HB User
Colorectal cancer?

I am experiencing severe bleeding during bowel movements for four weeks now including slight abdominal discomfort. Had adenomous polyp removed from colon four years ago. Was booked for August for colonoscopy but has been moved up to next week. My father had Colorectal cancer and fortunately has recovered. Also think I may be anemic as I'm weak. Spending too much time in the bathroom. Bright red blood and clots. Any advice appreciated of others that have had similar experiences.

Last edited by 54yearoldfemale; 05-28-2017 at 06:15 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-28-2017, 07:07 AM   #2
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Colorectal cancer?

It's good that you have your colonoscopy moved up. If you do have a reason for bleeding related to polyps, you want to get them removed asap,..and not let them spread.

The only other thing that causes bleeding is internal hemorrhoids. Your GI doctor will rule them out as well during the test,

Like you said about your father, colorectal cancers and other GI cancers are usually 100% curable as long as you catch them early. My father died from this and I get myself scoped every single year!

Good luck!

The Following User Says Thank You to MSNik For This Useful Post:
54yearoldfemale (05-28-2017)
Reply Reply

Tags
anemia, bowel cancer, colon cancer