It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board

Upcoming Colonoscopy for Obstruction?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-13-2018, 09:43 AM   #1
edk1951
(male)

edk1951 HB User
Upcoming Colonoscopy for Obstruction?

I feel excellent with no pain, bleeding, bloating, nausea, weight loss....except that last summer my peristalsis almost shut down from a rancid jar of Trader Joes peanut butter, and caused profound constipation and narrow stools. That cleared mostly in a few weeks, but my otherwise life long, chronic constipation remained intermittent. Suddenly, 3 weeks ago I suffered a first-ever stool impaction which only cleared after 4 days of laxatives. Now, my stools are pretty narrow and I can only pass stool with daily laxative use.
At the very same time in all this is a sudden prostate flareup, causing difficulty in urination. In short, the enlarged prostate is working against my colon, and my colon is working against my prostate. I must take laxatives in order to keep peeing...that's how crowded it is in my lower colon. I have both a possible obstruction in my lower colon, and BPH at the same time. Sleeping like crap.
I have a colonoscopy in 2 weeks. The BPH can be dealt with later, but I'm freaked about a negative colonoscopy. I can't afford the debilitation from colon surgery. I have many impending projects.
Any input from readers?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply