HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Cancer: Colon (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/cancer-colon/)
-   -   Transfer (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/cancer-colon/1048312-transfer.html)

doug k 12-15-2019 09:21 AM

Transfer

I have been on the Cancer Forums.net for six years, the last year as a moderator. That site is shutting down December 31, 2019. so I have come here.

I was diagnosed with ColoRectal Cancer in August 2013. Some symptoms, little bleeding and in retrospect, didn't feel like my rectum was emptied after a BM. Now realize that was a telltale sign.

October - November 2013, chemo, radiation; surgery January 2014, Low Anterior Resection, with the accompanying LARS, Low Anterior Resection Syndrome.

Six follow up chemo treatments over 12 weeks Feb-May, 2014.

Currently on 9 month blood test follow ups, had a CTScan that was clear in September 2019. As of now, NED.

Baz10 12-15-2019 11:31 PM

Re: Transfer

Hi Doug,
Thanks for the transition.
Barry

Mojosharon 12-17-2019 03:32 PM

Iím here too.

Mojosharon 12-17-2019 03:34 PM

Iím transferred over also.

doug k 12-19-2019 07:37 PM

So, am I correct that there have not been Rectal Cancer posts here since 2018? Maybe I need to spend some time on this board to learn what is here?

Fourlegs 01-01-2020 11:14 PM

[QUOTE=Baz10;5498868]Hi Doug,
Thanks for the transition.
Barry[/QUOTE]

Hi Barry and Doug and Mojosharon!!!

Nick

Baz10 01-02-2020 09:09 AM

Well Doug that’s two of us over from cancerforums
Let’s see how this developes

johnr11 01-02-2020 09:19 AM

Hi Guys the is a small group of us transferred over who were in the lymphoma group to and our group like yours is very quiet and mainly worried posters, so we are all waiting to see how the groups develop and how many move over.

Barry good to see you still posting

John

Fourlegs 01-02-2020 09:20 AM

[QUOTE=Baz10;5499465]Well Doug thatís two of us over from cancerforums
Letís see how this developes[/QUOTE]

I discovered that our old forum had gone when I tried to log on yesterday. So I have registered here.

Nick

Fourlegs 01-02-2020 09:22 AM

[QUOTE=doug k;5498854]I have been on the Cancer Forums.net for six years, the last year as a moderator. That site is shutting down December 31, 2019. so I have come here.
[/QUOTE]

Hi Doug, I'm here as well but as a newbie my posts need to be moderated so there will be a time lag until they appear.

Nick

lisab62 01-02-2020 10:18 AM

Hello Baz and Doug,

Like John, will see where this goes but after looking at the LC forum, it is remotely quiet and virtually no recent activity . Just getting to the cancer message boards are a few clicks . Also, many Worried posters within the specific cancer type forum. If i am reading the policy correctly, only those diagnosed should be posting within the the forum. Seems not much moderation is being done to streamline the specific forums from the Worried posters.

The PC guys seem to be doing ok but then again, they were very active within the cancerforums.net platform.

Lisa

Fourlegs 01-02-2020 10:23 PM

[QUOTE=lisab62;5499472]Hello Baz and Doug,

Like John, will see where this goes but after looking at the LC forum, it is remotely quiet and virtually no recent activity . Just getting to the cancer message boards are a few clicks . Also, many Worried posters within the specific cancer type forum. If i am reading the policy correctly, only those diagnosed should be posting within the the forum. Seems not much moderation is being done to streamline the specific forums from the Worried posters.

The PC guys seem to be doing ok but then again, they were very active within the cancerforums.net platform.

Lisa[/QUOTE]

Hi Lisa, Its my 2p worth but the rigorous implementation of keeping worried queries out of the specific cancer type forum is not a friendly approach and people tend to go elsewhere. The Macmillan site in the uk has no such policy and comes across as a friendly place to be. It is thriving as far as I can see.

Nick

Baz10 01-05-2020 02:18 AM

[QUOTE=Fourlegs;5499504]Hi Lisa, Its my 2p worth but the rigorous implementation of keeping worried queries out of the specific cancer type forum is not a friendly approach and people tend to go elsewhere. The Macmillan site in the uk has no such policy and comes across as a friendly place to be. It is thriving as far as I can see.

Nick[/QUOTE]
Must admit and with reluctance agree with Nick, one cannot remotely suggest that the forum is as user friendly as the previous.
Where the logic of denying worried posts comes from I have no idea.

I would like to suggest this sister site is at least comparable to cancerforums.
Sadly it has a long way to go to even meet the minima we regarded as the norm.
Navigating this site is a off put.
We shall see where it goes but I am not optimistic.
Barry

doug k 01-05-2020 02:47 AM

This does seem, as you have posted Baz, "an off put" took me three or four pages to try to make this simple post. Anyway, I am continuing here for now, but am open to check out other options should any of you from the Forum go elsewhere.

Good luck everyone. I do miss the ease of the forum.

;);)

doug

lisab62 01-05-2020 04:28 AM

Not saying i do not agree with worried posters posting within the specific forum, just stating what the policy is on this site but that regardless of policy, worried posters are still posting within the specific cancer topics