It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board

• Rt.colon resection postop

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 11-24-2021, 03:03 PM   #1
    suem
    (female)

suem HB User
    Rt.colon resection postop

Does anyone know when the loose watery stools will get better? They sadi 2 weeks and its been 4 weeks postop. I am afraid to weigh myself and get more depressed. Eating what im told. Thank for your imput.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-24-2021, 10:42 PM   #2
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
    Re: Rt.colon resection postop

Did you have a stool sample kit done and checked for invaders?

If all is clear, your doc could put you a med that can help slow down the colon a bit.

What foods were suggested for you to eat? And how often are you having watery stools in a day?
    q

Old 11-25-2021, 03:34 PM   #3
    suem
    (female)

suem HB User

Thank You for your reply. No Invaders. They now tell me it can take 4 to 8 weeks. This is really hard to handle the weakness. I have a list of non gas foods and I follow it. Potatoes, eggs, chickhen, a little ham.toast, havent tried applesauce yet, gator aide does cause more looseness. Yogart doesnt help much, They did get the cancer, a rare type that was caught in Hepatic Flexior and all boundaries clear. So thankful for that. Im impatient, Just tired of the weakness. Tried Pepto today. Thanks again

The following user gives a hug of support to suem:
    quincy (11-26-2021)
    Old 11-26-2021, 12:34 AM   #4
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

Oh wow, awesome for the cancer to have been caught and completely removed. It's hard when your recovery is hindered at this point with weightloss and constant diarrhea and resulting fatigue.

What is it specifically food-wise that you would have to avoid?
    If Gatorade causes more symptoms, then definitely stop the product. Curious which type of Gatorade were you consuming?

I suspect you having surgery has interrupted the peristalsis rhythm.... things are being moved out more quickly while healing.

Has your doctor given you the OK for a fibre product? An option would be to take Metamucil smooth (NOT the sugar free unless youre diabetic) (comes in orange flavour only). One tbsp between meals up to 3 x daily. Start with half amount and increase if needed. It was suggested by my doctor when I had a long period of time with some diarrhea (not related to a (I have UC ) flare or invader). It definitely helped, and things got back on track eventually. I still take metamucil capsules, but with meals after that incident.

You could add multistrain probiotics since yogurt doesnt agree. Take them at bedtime when your digestive tract is more quiet.

Hope you improve soon. Please keep us updated.

q

Old 11-28-2021, 12:53 PM   #5
    suem
    (female)

suem HB User

Thank You for info. Well see doc soon. Your response is appreciated very much!
    Suem

Reply Reply