It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board

• lump in rectum?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-26-2004, 02:14 PM   #1
    Bothrops
    Senior Veteran

Bothrops HB User
    Unhappy lump in rectum?

Hi all. About a week ago I felt a pain in my right leg and it felt like the pain was coming from my inside my rectum so I checked it out and found a small lump about an inch up on right side. A week later it is still there and the same size. What could it be? I heard that cancer grows quick and if a lump is cancerous it will grow, is this true? Can you get hemerohids in that area. Everything seems to be normal, although in the past I have had bowels that are pencil thin. When I eat frosted mini wheats my bowels look like coffee grounds and ocasionally when I eat steak I get a cramp in side that hurts so bad it will bring me to my knees then I use the bathroom and all is well.

Please give me your opinion. Thanks.

Derek

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-26-2004, 04:26 PM   #2
    jaydees
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

jaydees HB User
    Re: lump in rectum?

Coffee grounds and a change in BM shape suggests it would be a very good idea for a doctor to check it out. However your info on rectal cancer being a quick growing cancer is incorrect. It would be unusual for a colon or rectal cancer to grow quickly. I am not sure if a h'roid can grow that far up a doctor will know.

You get a cramp from steak or red meat in general? Trouble digesting fats is a symptom of gall bladder problems or even an allergy.

Closed Thread