It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board

• any suggestions for liquid diet for colonoscopy

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-17-2005, 06:59 PM   #1
    schoolgirl47
    (female)

schoolgirl47 HB User
    any suggestions for liquid diet for colonoscopy

I have to be on a liquid diet for 2 days before having my test. A friend of mine had a test in another town and the gastrologist's (sp wrong) nurse told her she could have ensure because it is not a milk product. She drank it and had no problem with her test. I have never heard of this but it would be a lot better to drink the ensure,because you would feel a lot fuller that with the broths and soups. Has anyone ever heard of this before. Please respond soon as my liquid diet starts tomorrow. Faye

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2005, 06:48 AM   #2
    LESLIETOO
    (female)

LESLIETOO HB UserLESLIETOO HB User
    Re: any suggestions for liquid diet for colonoscopy

The usual liquid diet prior to a colonoscopy consists of clear liquids, i.e. jello, chicken broth, beef broth, veg. broth, italian ices, white grape juice, apple juice, gingerale, club soda, gatorade, etc. Avoid anything red in color. The reason for clear liquids is that something like Ensure will produce a residue and interefere with visualizing the walls of the colon, since it is not a clear (meaning you can see through it) and does contain milk products. The idea is to cleanse the bowel of all residue. Make sure you well hydrated - drink plenty of fluid.

Old 04-18-2005, 04:23 PM   #3
    schoolgirl47
    (female)

schoolgirl47 HB User
    Re: any suggestions for liquid diet for colonoscopy

My friend gave me a recipe for pineapple juice,tea,and kool-aide with some sugar also. I bought the orange jello and it taste really good but I am afraid it might show up as red , so I went by the store and bought some more juice , but bought the lemonade ka. Do you think that would work.Thanks, Faye

Closed Thread