It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board

• PET scan report...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-30-2006, 04:37 PM   #1
    amb1975
    (female)

amb1975 HB User
    PET scan report...

Hi everyone,

I finally got hold of my mums PET scan report, and was hoping I could get some clarification on what it all means...

Intense FDG activity in the left lower pelvis correlates with a soft tissue density mass in the sigmoid colon and most likely represents the primary tumour. No discrete metabolic lesion is identified in the left pelvic wall to suggest nodal tumour spread.

Intense FDG uptake, however is identified in the right pelvic wall correlating with pelvic adenopathy on the low dose and diagnostiv CTs and representing likely nodal metastases.

Intense focal FDG activity in the left para-aortic region corresponding to aortocaval lymphadenopathy on the low dose CT also represents probable nodal metastatic disease. No other metabolic abnormality is detected in the abdomen or pelvis.

In the lower neck, focal FDG activity in the right lobe of thyroid represents likely incidental thyroid neoplasm, either an adenoma or carcinoma.

In the thorax, mild focalFDG activity in the lower medial wall of the right axilla correlating with a soft tissue density on the low dose CT most likely represents a reactive lymph node; clinical evaluation, however, is recommendingto exclude an incidental breast neoplasm. No other metabolic abnormality is detected in the neck or thorax.

If anyone can give me any idea of what this could mean, that would be great! (Cancerdad.. )

blessings

amb1975

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2006, 09:07 AM   #2
    Jeni61
    (female)

Jeni61 HB User
    Re: PET scan report...

Wish I could help you, but I cannot understand any of that report -- yikes !

Feel like its almost a different language.

Jeni

Closed Thread